M&A Technical Accounting Associate
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a unique mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses to become employee-owned before Teamshares! Our mission is to create $10B of new wealth for lower-income Americans through employee ownership.
What you'll do:
- Support the accounting team with purchase price accounting. This will include calculating purchase price adjustments based on account analysis and review of pre- and post-close activities.
- Interpret and apply share purchase agreement language to purchase accounting calculation to ensure proper treatment.
- Assist the accounting and finance team in the onboarding of network companies. This will include customizing requests as necessary based on review of the network companies historical accounting policies and financials.
- Assess differences between acquired company accounting policies and Teamshares accounting policy, and prescribe necessary amendments to acquired company accounting practices to align with US GAAP and Teamshares policy.
- Participate in the year-end close by requesting and reviewing network company support, and proposing adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in coordination of audit procedures, liaising with external auditors and network companies to obtain support and prepare analysis as needed.
- Conduct technical accounting research on an ad hoc basis to support accounting issues that arise on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Have a strong understanding of technical accounting and accounting standards (US GAAP).
- Skillful in researching specific topics.
- Effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic accounting environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, OneStream & QuickBooks or Peachtree ERPs is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-discipline, and sense of personal accountability.
- A desire and comfort in working in a constantly changing and unpredictable environment.
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and shift between priorities.
- Critical thinker capable of initiating process improvements and problem-solving.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and desire to learn a broad range of industries and topics.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of audit or other relevant experience.
- CPA preferred
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, 401k plan, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.
Teamshares is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates differences and promotes inclusion. We actively seek to build a workforce representative of various cultures, perspectives, and areas of expertise. Our employee-driven Core Values serve as the foundation for an inclusive workplace environment where we empower everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.