Marketing & Communications
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
About the Role
We are seeking a Community Manager who is responsible for enrolling students in Sora Schools in Georgia. Sora is the virtual private middle and high school making today’s students into tomorrow’s changemakers. Sora is a full-time school program accredited by Cognia, NCAA & WASC.
This role will partner closely with and be supported by Sora Schools HQ with the main KPI to grow the number of enrolled students in Georgia, our largest market. The external facing title of this role is Community Manager.
About Sora Schools
Sora is the virtual private middle and high school turning today’s students into tomorrow’s change-makers. We are a full-time school program accredited by Cognia, WASC, and approved by the NCAA.
Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken U.S. education system. No compromises, no reform. Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. Unsurprisingly, students are losing their creativity and motivation, and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t spend their school hours attending lecture-based classes and don’t read many traditional textbooks — instead, they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! They connect with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community. We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!
Salary and Location
Sora offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment with colleagues who deeply care about our mission. This role is a field-based role in the state of Georgia. Must be able to travel throughout the state 25% of time as needed.
The salary for this position is 70K base + 30K commission on-target without cap, plus a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan with company matching, and generous Paid Time Off. We’re excited to build a team with diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the following areas.
- Build a strong local community for Sora Schools consisting of prospective & enrolled students and families, in addition to local organizations that will support Sora Schools’ growth.
- Drive local grass-roots marketing with the use of flyers, business cards, tear-off flyers for community boards, etc., to drive hyper-local community awareness and word-of-mouth of Sora Schools.
- Utilize our in-person learning center collaboration with KaiPods in Roswell, GA to attract new students and host events. Effectively creating new student leads through community events, hosting meet-ups, cold calling, warm calling, door-to-door sales, fairs & exhibitions, etc.
- Meet and exceed weekly meeting goals with prospective families & partner organizations to drive new student enrollment.
- Establish local partnerships with different businesses, sports clubs, associations, schools, etc., that can help drive student enrollment. Build a strong network of extracurricular and sports organizations that Sora students in the local community can enroll into for in-person activities to support the overall Sora experience for current and future families.
- Reporting weekly activities in HubSpot CRM and partnering with Sora Schools HQ to refine the sales and marketing process for the local community.
- Background in education, sales, or related fields is preferred, but not required.
- Previous middle or high school teaching experience is a significant plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills paired with a tireless attitude to continuously pitch to prospective families and partners.
- Strong interest in innovative the middle and high school education field in the local community.
- This role is a field-based role with limited office time. Must be able to travel throughout the state 25% of time as needed.
- Own form of transportation and a valid driver license.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Sora Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values but also enriches our ability to do our work.
Please let your Sora contact know if you would like to request reasonable accommodations during your application or interviewing process.
All full-time team members are required to go through a background screening prior to employment upon hire.
For new hires in the U.S., the E-Verify process will be completed in conjunction with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on the first day of work to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.