Senior GL Accountant
Rubrik is the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
The Rubrik Corporate Accounting team is looking for a Senior GL Accountant. This person will be responsible for several areas within the General Ledger function including month/quarter end close and reconciliation process. This position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
Position Location: Hybrid - Palo Alto, CA HQ
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with month-end close including, but not limited to, journal entries, accruals, and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Perform and assist with calculations and analyses in support of quarter-end reporting
- Prepare and review reconciliations, department close and reporting packages, analytics, management presentations and efficiency metrics
- Assist with monthly variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts for management review
- Maintain internal control documentation and provide support for testing requirements
- Assist with implementing process improvements and establish best practices
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and management inquiries
- BS in Accounting
- 5-6+ years experience in accounting
- Familiarity with common accounting issues, financial statement line items and financial metrics/ratios
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving, and ability to summarize conclusions succinctly
- Extensive knowledge of NetSuite is required.
- Experience with Blackline is highly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to actively and attentively listen
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.