Senior Information Security Engineer - FedRAMP
Rubrik is seeking creative problem solvers with a passion for cyber security. In this role you will partner with all parts of the business to build security solutions that help secure the brand and protect the organization, company and customer environments. You will be responsible for executing security engineering programs and managing security technologies across the board. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can build innovative ways to deliver frictionless security capabilities to enhance the security posture of the organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading and managing requirements per FedRAMP and DOD Impact Level specifications/controls and turning them into operational models and implementations for the InfoSec organization
- Deploy and operate security solutions and supporting infrastructure in cloud and datacenter environments in support of internal customer security needs and FedRAMP requirements
- Manage a scalable and highly available solution for security logging and drive efforts of logging onboarding for increased security visibility
- Develop and automate Security tasks that span from Security Operations to Infrastructure as Code in support of InfoSec initiatives
- Develop and maintain metrics and data models related to the FedRAMP program to drive compliance and optimization improvements
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in security engineering, building and managing security solutions across the stack (on-prem and cloud)
- Strong understanding of logging and data management best practices and strong experience in any logging and/or SIEM platform
- Proficiency in any scripting language (Python, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, shell, etc.)
- Working experience in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience with with security automation and data management tools (XSOAR, Phantom, Snowflake, etc)
- Leadership experience collaborating with internal customers to establish strong requirements, prioritize work based on outcomes that drive risk reduction and operational effectiveness
- Prior experience working in environments with NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171 controls or FedRAMP requirements
- Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, SANS certs, vendor certs, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc), microservices and CI/CD pipelines
Security and Privacy Responsibilities section:
This position carries special Security and Privacy Responsibilities for protecting the U.S. Federal Government’s interests:
- Know, acknowledge, and follow system-specific security policies and procedures;
- Protect data and individual privacy per requirements and regulations;
- Perform ongoing activities in compliance with service and contractual obligations;
- Participate in role-based training, completing assignments on a timely basis;
- Report security issues promptly, and aid investigation when needed;
- Support controlled changes and vulnerability remediation activities; and
- Work collaboratively with Information Security in designing, implementing, assessing or enhancing system-specific security and privacy controls.
Position Risk Designation section:
This position carries duties and responsibilities involving the U.S. Federal Government’s interests. The selected incumbent may be subject to one or both of the additional background checks with periodic re-screening as noted below:
Position Risk Designation: Non-Sensitive, Low Risk, Tier 1
Incumbents without access to U.S. Government data may be required to complete Standard Form 85 and undergo a Tier 1 Investigation (T1) for non-sensitive positions of Low Risk. (Baseline screening; formerly National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI)).
Position Risk Designation: Non-Sensitive, Moderate Risk, Tier 2 (Public Trust)
Incumbents with access to U.S. Government data may be required to complete Standard Form 85P and undergo Tier 2 (T2) Investigation for non-sensitive positions designated Moderate Risk.
Position Risk Designation:Moderate Risk Law Enforcement (CJIS)
When hired for a position where access to Moderate Risk criminal justice information is required, the employee must complete a fingerprint-based national criminal history background check within 30 days after the employee’s start date.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.