Senior Software Engineer - CPD
About Team & About Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer(SSE) in the Continuous Product Delivery (CPD) team, you will play a key role in providing long term stability and last mile delight to our customers. You will work closely with the core engineering team, product and support org.
You will be working across Rubrik releases on our on-premise data backup & management offering. You are expected to develop a strong understanding of our product and engineering architecture, such as our distributed job framework, data lifecycle management, filesystem and metadata store.
Rubrik CPD - SEs are self-starters, driven and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge you to do your best work by empowering you to make your own decisions. To do that, we have a very transparent structure and give people freedom to exercise their judgement, even in critical scenarios. This develops more capable engineers and keeps everyone engaged and happy, ultimately leading to customer delight.
What You’ll Do:
You are responsible for:
- Debugging customer issues and identifying root causes. Work closely with support & sales organizations to quickly troubleshoot customer escalations.
- Understanding the Rubrik tech stack and a large breadth of engineering components such that you can triage and isolate a given customer issue to a given component.
- Designing, developing and delivering fixes in a timely manner while covering all aspects including enhancing or adding E2E tests as needed.
- Raise the bar for Rubrik products by proactively contributing to supportability and usability initiatives.
- Organize and contribute to our knowledge base wiki, document known issues and workarounds.
- Build tools and/or add metrics/dashboards/product improvements to improve and speed-up the product debuggability by automating repetitive manual actions such as automating the triage workflow.
- Work closely with product & engineering teams to communicate summary of ongoing customer escalations & ongoing actions. Work together with product & engineering teams for root cause analysis and identification of improvements.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Self starter with a passion to learn new things.
- Strong problem solving skills with understanding of core algorithms & complexity analysis.
- Hands on programming skills in languages such as Python, Scala, Cpp, Java or Go.
- Solid understanding of Operating System fundamentals, networking and concurrency concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of databases; Ability to write queries in SQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS; able to quickly write command line or bash scripts.
- Experience with large scale Distributed Systems is a big plus.
- Simple and effective communication skills.
- B-Tech/M-Tech in Computer Engineering/Information Technology
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.