Value Solutions Engineer (Pre-sales)
Customer Value Engineer
About the Team:
At Rubrik, we are revolutionizing cloud data management by creating the world’s first platform to orchestrate data for hybrid cloud enterprises anytime, anywhere. We are relentlessly focused on bringing a fresh approach and innovation to this old problem by blending future proof architecture with consumer grade simplicity. We have an exciting challenge in front of us with opportunities in search, analytics, scalable systems and many other areas. We’re proud to have been recognized as a 2019 LinkedIn Top Company and both a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup three years in a row.
Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing the total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
Our focus is on the people that can produce extraordinary results. We need individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the prospect of a challenge. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you!
As part of the customer solutions team, the Customer Value Engineer will play a key role in driving customer success, optimization and upsell of new business opportunities for customers by qualifying and nurturing customers in our rapidly growing business.
In this role you will:
- Be the Trusted Advisor for our customers with a focus on Adoption, Retention & Growth
- Conduct customer business reviews to identify gaps in their coverage, then educate customers on how Rubrik features can address those gaps
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Rubrik Technology and articulate value of our solution against competitors
- Work closely with Account Sales teams to help with Upsell/Cross-sell opportunities in existing customers
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations, workshops, white papers, and solution proposals that highlight Rubrik technology and business value
- Develop Rubrik value based proposals using total cost of ownership and return on investment models
- Review the customer journey, identifying how it’s supported, taking a consultative approach in helping clients overcome issues and achieve goals
- Impact customer retention rate, increase product feature adoption
- Collaborate, problem solve, and/or strategize upcoming client meetings with team members
- Prepare necessary documentation or visuals for client to demonstrate performance of campaigns
- Be the voice of the customer internally, providing feedback to all relevant departments
- Help design and run a successful proof of concept remotely or in person
- 5-7 years of experience in communications, marketing, sales, account management, or customer success
- Experience in a customer facing, service delivery-oriented role
- Good understanding of Security and Data Protection fundamentals is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working across multiple departments in a deadline-driven environment
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large audiences
- Self motivated and driven to achieve team goals. Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous manner
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.