Senior Software Engineer (Product)
Recurrency is a sales, pricing, and purchasing automation platform for distributors. Despite distribution being a multi-trillion dollar industry, the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems that exist to help distributors manage their purchasing, inventory, sales, order processing, and accounting are decades behind. For the most part, ERP systems are painfully slow, difficult-to-use, and soul-crushingly manual.
Recurrency’s goal is to reverse ERP stagnation by building a streamlined and intelligent ERP: blazingly fast and complete with powerful automation tools like dynamic pricing and demand forecasting. Using Recurrency can boost a distributor’s revenue and profit margins, while reducing waste and saving time. Most importantly, Recurrency is fully-integrated with the customer’s legacy system, so deploying Recurrency in production can be done in as little as one day.
Founded in Los Angeles, based in San Francisco and supporting a fully-remote team across the United States, Recurrency is a fast-growing and venture-backed team of talented technologists going all-in on building the next great platform company.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the product team and report to the Head of Engineering to focus on building end-to-end features by leveraging the tech stack from frontend to backend.
At Recurrency we ingest data from ERP systems and provide a common data layer to enable existing ERP workflows (creating a quote or an order to name a few). Our Frontend application is built in React. We currently focus on sales and purchasing workflows for our users.
You will work with our amazing product manager, designer and other engineers closely to build the world-class product.
What You'll Do
- You will own technical design and implementation for an entire feature or product by leveraging industry-standard tech stack from frontend, such as ReactJS, Typescript to backend such as, Python, Airflow Jobs, Postgres
- You will own designing and building an entire feature or product from scratch either by yourself or leading/mentoring other engineers via close collaboration with cross-functional partners, e.g. product manager and designer
- You will closely collaborate with product manager and designer to influence product direction by finding the most cost-effective technical solution
- You will decompose complicated product problem to granular technical solutions that can be shipped independently by any engineer
- You will write modular, secure, and well-tested code with great observability/monitoring that builds the next generation of ERP
- You will work closely with customer success to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- You will be supported and work with platform engineers closely to build the world-class scalable and maintainable product
- Product mindset, passionate about shipping end-to-end product that serves real customer needs.
- Experience with industry-standard frontend technologies and best-practices (We use ReactJS, Typescript)
- Experience with designing clean and scalable interfaces and APIs
- Essential SQL Databases. (We use Postgres)
- Ability to write clear and performing SQL code
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS and Docker
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to lead projects end to end!
Recurrency aims to ensure a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Individuals seeking employment at Recurrency are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
First 30 days:
- You will have written code that has landed in production
- You will feel comfortable explaining our application
- You will have met the entire team
- Lead and develop new features end to end
- Explain our architecture and suggest improvements
- Lead projects (coordinating multiple stakeholders) and features end to end
- Solve complex data problems from our customers
- Help and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and code examples