Why join Pave?
At Pave, our vision is simple - Make Compensation Fair.
How are we going to get there? By building the most intelligent compensation platform, powered by the largest real-time compensation dataset on earth.
We partner with our customers to help them build and retain world-class teams through planning, communicating and benchmarking their team’s compensation in real time. And you don’t have to just hear it from us — you can hear it from our customers: Hover, Sweetgreen, Airtable and more.
We’re growing fast, building an incredible team and product, and having plenty of fun as we do it in our San Francisco and New York City offices.
If stretching the rubber band, building with intellectual honesty and focusing on impact sounds exciting - we highly encourage you to reach out. We’d love to partner on our journey to change the world of compensation!
Are you ready to pioneer Pave’s newly established Strategic Finance team as its first member? On the Strategic Finance team, your mission will be to empower sustainable growth and financial health by aligning company strategy with financial objectives. As one of the most cross-functional teams at Pave, you will collaborate with various departments across a wide array of projects, making a profound impact on the business. This team will interact with leadership frequently, affording the opportunity to directly shape our financial future and influence key decisions. We are searching for analytical, curious, and passionate individuals hungry to make an impact at Pave.
What you'll do:
- Partner with leadership to support strategic initiatives and empower data-driven decision-making
- Own the multi-year financial model forecasting revenue, costs, and cash burn in support of Pave’s strategy
- Collaborate with department leaders on administering and ensuring adherence to company-wide budget
- Spearhead special projects around top company-wide initiatives such as evaluating our unit economics, understanding our total addressable market, and optimizing our pricing strategy
- Support our routine financial processes (e.g. Board Meeting preparation, financial updates, etc.) by establishing the structure, processes, and operating model to maximize the impact of the Strategic Finance team
What we're looking for:
- 3 - 8 years of relevant experience in strategic finance, private equity, and / or investment banking
- Mastery of finance / financial modeling with basic accounting proficiency and experience working with SaaS business models
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large data sets via spreadsheets, slides, docs, and business analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Mode, etc.) - expertise with Google Sheets / Excel is a must
- Excellent data-driven strategic thinker with the ability to be flexible and adapt to our changing business
- Self-motivated individual looking to make an impact, who can simultaneously build rapport with various stakeholders as the commensurate team player
- Track record of success on cross-functional projects and ability to juggle multiple priorities concurrently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others to drive outcomes
What you’ll get out of it:
- Career Growth - Unique opportunity to build a new function from scratch. This role will initially be an individual contributor role, with the aim of increasing the scope as the impact on the business materializes
- Potential For Impact - You will be in the driver’s seat on helping engineer Pave’s financial strategy, and you will have the opportunity to see your efforts move the business forward
- Leadership Exposure - This role will be highly cross-functional, and you will have the chance to learn from an experienced team of leaders across the company
- Winning Culture - Come join a team that loves to win and is excited to work together. A day does not pass without a hearty laugh at Pave
- Mission-Driven Orientation - Pave is looking to change the world of compensation, bringing fairness and transparency to the billions of people around the world who get paid
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Pave's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Pave will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, commuter benefits, catered lunch, an unlimited PTO policy, and many other region-specific benefits.
Our Compensation Philosophy
Pave’s compensation philosophy is to target the 75th percentile of the market for both cash and equity at your job level. This means that the “mid point” of every band at Pave is the 75th percentile of the broader market.
Pave also has a merit-based philosophy when it comes to compensation increases. We run a performance cycle twice per year to evaluate employees’ performance. Higher than average performance ratings result in compensation increases to the upper end of the individual’s compensation range for their role. The result is that high performers at Pave are paid above the 75th percentile of the market at large.
Pave is committed to pay equity. If you get an offer from Pave, it will be based on your level as determined by your interview performance. And nothing else. We explicitly do not negotiate salary and equity to ensure that we aren’t introducing bias that could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who have different negotiation tactics.
How big is Pave today?
We were founded in late 2019, and have grown to 160 employees across San Francisco, New York and the UK.
Where are the Pave offices?
What do employee benefits at Pave look like?
As an employee at Pave, you will have your choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as access to mental health services and other perks to promote your wellbeing. To enhance your personal and professional growth, you will have a monthly L&D stipend. We take our snacking seriously - employees receive catered lunch, dinner and many fun snacks throughout the day.
Who are some of Pave’s customers?
Pave is working with 5,500+ companies today, including some of the best technology logos out there like Credit Karma, RO, Faire, Dropbox, Airtable, Sweetgreen, Checkr, Hubspot, Snackpass, Attentive and more!
What can I expect in interviewing at Pave?
At Pave, we value intellectual honesty and transparency, and we bring this to our interview process. Throughout your time interviewing with us, we will be evaluating where you can best make an impact through multiple conversations with your recruiter, hiring manager, peers and cross-functional partners. We also use our interviews to determine leveling, which is finalized at the end of your interview process by your hiring manager. The majority of our roles have 3-5 interview rounds. You can expect to hear back from our team within 7 days of application, as well as within 2 days after each interview round. Once we extend an offer, we hope to hear back from you within 1 week. It is extremely important to us that we find a great mutual fit - we’re excited to get to know you!
More Questions? Check out our candidate resources page!
Pave is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.