Product Design Manager
Why join Pave?
At Pave, our vision is simple - Make Compensation Fair.
How are we going to get there? By building the most intelligent compensation platform, powered by the largest real-time compensation dataset on earth.
We partner with our customers to help them build and retain world-class teams through planning, communicating and benchmarking their team’s compensation in real time. And you don’t have to just hear it from us — you can hear it from our customers: Hover, Sweetgreen, Airtable and more.
We’re growing fast, building an incredible team and product, and having plenty of fun as we do it in our San Francisco and New York City offices.
If stretching the rubber band, building with intellectual honesty and focusing on impact sounds exciting - we highly encourage you to reach out. We’d love to partner on our journey to change the world of compensation!
Our design team is thoughtful, kind, funny and talented. We call ourselves “people people” – we love working with each other to solve challenging, interesting problems for our customers: People teams who work tirelessly to drive better outcomes for their employees.
- 📈Manage designers and unblock their ability do their best work – growing their craft, our design team culture, and their careers to the best of your ability
- 💻Be able to jump in and drive work where needed – supplementing the team with a hands-on approach and the craft where needed.
- 👯 Partner with our product and engineering teams to drive our product strategy and vision forward. At Pave, we feel that design and product play an especially important role in driving this together.
- 🎉 Uplevel all things design at Pave – ensure that designs are executed effectively, the Pave app is getting better everyday, and:
- 🚗 Drive a culture of user centricity at Pave, ensuring we are driving product and design decisions that are customer-first
- ✍️ You’re ready to play an active role in driving product strategy, product development, and the culture around how we build products quickly and effectively here at Pave
- 💪 You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. You do your best work when you’re working alongside our product and design team, solving problems, giving feedback on mocks, doing discovery, and
- 🔍 You’re relentlessly customer-focused – you don’t just build a habit out of listening closely to our customers and their needs, you build a culture out of it
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Pave's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Pave will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, commuter benefits, catered lunch, an unlimited PTO policy, and many other region-specific benefits.
Our Compensation Philosophy
Pave’s compensation philosophy is to target the 75th percentile of the market for both cash and equity at your job level. This means that the “mid point” of every band at Pave is the 75th percentile of the broader market.
Pave also has a merit-based philosophy when it comes to compensation increases. We run a performance cycle twice per year to evaluate employees’ performance. Higher than average performance ratings result in compensation increases to the upper end of the individual’s compensation range for their role. The result is that high performers at Pave are paid above the 75th percentile of the market at large.
Pave is committed to pay equity. If you get an offer from Pave, it will be based on your level as determined by your interview performance. And nothing else. We explicitly do not negotiate salary and equity to ensure that we aren’t introducing bias that could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who have different negotiation tactics.
How big is Pave today?
We were founded in late 2019, and have grown to 160 employees across San Francisco, New York and the UK.
Where are the Pave offices?
What do employee benefits at Pave look like?
As an employee at Pave, you will have your choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as access to mental health services and other perks to promote your wellbeing. To enhance your personal and professional growth, you will have a monthly L&D stipend. We take our snacking seriously - employees receive catered lunch, dinner and many fun snacks throughout the day.
Who are some of Pave’s customers?
Pave is working with 5,500+ companies today, including some of the best technology logos out there like Credit Karma, RO, Faire, Dropbox, Airtable, Sweetgreen, Checkr, Hubspot, Snackpass, Attentive and more!
What can I expect in interviewing at Pave?
At Pave, we value intellectual honesty and transparency, and we bring this to our interview process. Throughout your time interviewing with us, we will be evaluating where you can best make an impact through multiple conversations with your recruiter, hiring manager, peers and cross-functional partners. We also use our interviews to determine leveling, which is finalized at the end of your interview process by your hiring manager. The majority of our roles have 3-5 interview rounds. You can expect to hear back from our team within 7 days of application, as well as within 2 days after each interview round. Once we extend an offer, we hope to hear back from you within 1 week. It is extremely important to us that we find a great mutual fit - we’re excited to get to know you!
More Questions? Check out our candidate resources page!
Pave is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.