San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
About the position:
We're looking for a Carbon Modeling Strategist to turbocharge our go-to-market, business, & growth efforts at Patch. You can think about this role as strategy meets market development. You'll spend time helping Patch customers and suppliers determine how to engage with the voluntary carbon market. Work scope could range from a deep dive into the state of carbon markets to structuring Offtake deals to detailing competitive landscapes.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct market analyses that support growth opportunities and business cases for customers and suppliers
- Identify, assess, and synthesize third-party reports on the state of the carbon markets & broader sustainable economy in support of Patch’s mission
- Maintain internal market perspectives on the latest & greatest state of carbon markets
- Support live deals including coordinating the collection, analysis, and delivery of the deal-specific data
- Draft reports and modeling for potential customers and suppliers
- Generate thought leadership in the form of research & intelligence that empowers executives across our stakeholders bases on how to take climate action
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering impact & insights.
- You have previous work experience in a highly analytical & modeling heavy role with an emphasis on clean and climate technology, and/or climate solutions broadly
- You know carbon credits, offtake strategies, carbon credit financing, the voluntary carbon market space, climate solution technologies, participants, and market trends.
- You have experience in management consulting, project finance, sustainable finance or investment banking or a role that has equipped you with a similar skill set
- You leave no stone unturned - you get energy from the details and appreciate swimming in the research depths.
- Ability to transform raw data into insight for potential customers
- You are an expert communicator that can take the technical climate and carbon-related concepts and put them into models and presentations (written and verbal) that anyone in your audience can understand
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States is $50,000-$130,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.