Director of Integrations
Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to make complex care journeys simple for patients and clinicians so that care is more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is growing rapidly as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Director of Integrations.
The Director of Integrations will have the critical responsibility of overseeing our integrations function, developing, leading, and executing our customer integration strategy. They will manage our integration team and own our overall approach to customer integrations, including our tools, processes, and supporting documentation. Ultimately, the Director will be responsible for ensuring we have effective, efficient, and scalable integration capabilities and will be instrumental to our success as a company.
As part of our Product team, the Director of Integrations will work closely with multiple parts of the organization in this cross-functional role, including with our Clinical Product team to meet the data needs of specific Programs; with Client Success and Implementation teams in implementing new Programs; and with Engineering on integration infrastructure and technical approach.
Ideal candidates will be driven by both the problems we are solving and by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to healthcare, looking to make a significant impact on healthcare delivery. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Design and deliver an approach to integrations that is clear, quick, scalable, and extensible
- Own our integration strategy and roadmap, working closely with our Clinical Programs, Product, Engineering, and Delivery teams to ensure we can meet both near-term commitments and long-term aspirations
- Build and run a high-quality, data-driven implementation team with a strong sense of ownership and initiative, managing Integration Consultants, Engineers and Support staff
- Develop robust internal and client-facing documentation to clearly articulate our maturing capabilities, help educate team members, and provide clear guidance to our clients
- Develop tools and processes to plan projects and manage capacity
- Develop repeatable, reliable, and transparent processes for the setup, maintenance and support of customer integrations built around key project milestones and deliverables
- Develop key metrics to assess project execution and integration performance, with robust operational reporting to track and help improve delivery timelines
- Look to continuously automate and refine manual activities to enable stability and quality while scaling to handle large work volumes
- Mature our Integration infrastructure, working closely with our Engineering teams on our data models, APIs and application
- Collaborate closely with Product teams on our Implementation Tools
- 10+ years of experience in delivering technology solutions
- Strong technical knowledge and experience delivering highly scalable, extendable, complex solutions in an agile team-based environment
- Strong background in data management including modeling, cleansing, integration, and quality
- Demonstrated knowledge of full project life cycle systems development
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and ability to coach and mentor in a fast-moving, scaling company.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in HL7, FHIR API design and development
- Experience with Mirth or similar integration tools
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and technical writing skills
- Strong business intelligence and analytics skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or related work experience equivalent to a four-year college degree program
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise in healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid maternity/paternity leave, bi-annual retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.