Senior Data Engineer
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Kyte is a Series B technology platform that brings magic and seamless delivery into the experience of getting a car in cities for any trip longer than a rideshare. We unlock the freedom to go places by committing to relentless customer centricity, technology-powered operational excellence and capital efficiency. The sky's the limit when it comes to Kyte.
At Kyte, we love what we do and we believe our diverse team of ridiculously ambitious individuals is what makes our company unstoppable. We are a transparency first, egoless, and down-to-earth group of people, scattered across the globe, with a true passion for the Kyte mission. No matter where you are or what you are working on, you will have a significant level of ownership and impact on our company's trajectory and growth into the future.
Help us unlock the freedom to go places!
About The Role
As Senior Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable analytics data modes, pipelines for internal data consumers and engineers at Kyte. You will lead and partner with our engineering team and other analysts to develop data ingestion pipelines that assist with enabling better metrics and insights for the rest of the business. In this role, you will lead highly ambiguous projects and will need to make sense of requirements from stakeholder teams, without the help of a product or program representative. You'll partner with our Staff Data Infrastructure Engineer to build solutions that scale data engineering and consumption to Kyte.
What You'll Do
- Architect, build, and test data pipelines using ETL workflows to pull data from a wide variety of backend systems and tools including Postgres, S3, CSV, and other data sources
- Help design and write event-driven architecture solutions for Kyte’s software and systems applications
- Help us build a world-class data platform so we can achieve our goal of becoming the world’s largest fleet operator by 2030
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Operations, Finance, and other teams as applicable to foster a strong data culture
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Contribute to new architecture designs to fit Kyte’s growing marketplace challenges
- Minimum 5-7 years of data engineering experienceFamiliar with AWS (Lambda, S3, Glue), event streaming services (Kafka, Spark, etc)
- Experience with data analytics storage solutions such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, Athena, or Snowflake
- Experience with data platform technologies, like Airflow Experience with Python, Node, Java and/or Go
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience architecting microservices at scale
- Extensive experience with AWS or related cloud providers
- You’ve built and improved on database architectures, data warehousing/lake solutions, or related tech
- Experience with containerization (eg., Docker, Kubernetes)
Perks and benefits
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance (Individuals 100% Covered, Dependents 80% Covered)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• $200 Monthly Commuter Benefit
• $75 Monthly Flexible Wellness Benefit
• Annual WFH Stipend (Remote Employees)
• Annual Learning and Development Budget
• Paid Github Copilot license
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Kyte, we're building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply! Don't worry if your previous experience doesn't match perfectly, you may be the right candidate for this role, or even another role at Kyte!