Founding Technical Lead (IC Role)
Hello, we’re Knoetic (<-rhymes with “poetic” 😊)! We've raised over $50MM from Accel, EQT Ventures, Menlo, and 100s of angels (like Adam Grant).
Why did these world-class VCs and angels want in on Knoetic? Because we’re building a “brain” for Chief People Officers that enables them to build healthy, productive, equitable workforces – and ultimately shapes the future of work.
Left brain: A people analytics engine that equips you with insights to make smarter, data-driven decisions. We integrate with HR systems (HRIS, recruiting platforms, performance platforms, etc), ingest all that disparate employee data, manipulate it via a complex transform process, and then push insights back to the customer in a user-friendly way. Chief People Officers use Knoetic Analytics to visualize their workforce, prepare for Board meetings, influence their executive team, workforce plan, uncover performance trends, and much more.
Right brain: Our community of 2000+ Chief People Officers. CPOs join our executive-only community to tap the wisdom of their peers, find best practices, workshop pressing business challenges, and make meaningful connections. The role of the CPO has never been more complex, and CPOHQ is where they turn to inform the decisions that impact their employees.
By bringing Analytics & CPOHQ together, we give CPOs and their People teams a holistic view of what drives employees to come, stay, and feel valued at work. This is a platform unlike any other.
That’s where you come in!
We’re building a diverse team of Knoeticons who can thrive in our culture. If you're motivated to improve the work lives of millions of people as part of an ambitious and collaborative team, we'd love for you to join us on this ride :)
As a Founding Engineer at Knoetic, you will be more than just an engineer. Your input will shape our product, culture, and future. You will build, iterate, and scale across the stack, ensuring a seamless and effective experience for our users.
- Design & Development: Build a scalable and maintainable SaaS product using ReactJS, Typescript, Node, CubeJS, and Postgres.
- Technical Excellence: Ensure the highest quality of code, architecture, and design.
- Action-Oriented Execution: Identify opportunities and act on them. Lead and participate in quick product iterations.
- Collaboration: Work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design and prioritize features. Collaborate on architectural decisions and design feasibility.
- Mentorship: Cultivate the technical and professional growth of junior team members.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in front-end development and integrate them where appropriate.
- Technical Mastery: Deep expertise in ReactJS, Typescript, Node, and Postgres.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience building and scaling web applications.
- Quality Focus: Demonstrable experience in ensuring the quality of applications, both in terms of clean and extensible code and user-centric design.
- Action-oriented: A proven track record of taking initiative and making impactful contributions in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity or experience with Snowflake and dbt.
- Prior experience in SaaS and/or HR Tech domains.
- Experience leading or mentoring junior developers.
What We Offer:
- A chance to shape the future of a growing startup.
- A high-impact role within a small but high-performing team.
- Competitive compensation package with equity options.
- A collaborative and open environment where everyone's voice matters.
The key attributes we value in our teammates:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for making our customers say “WOW”.
- Intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast”.
- You never say, “that’s not my job” - you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspire others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re confident that you are good, and humble to know you can be better: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer