Fractional is a social platform for fractional ownership of investment properties. We’re on a mission to open the private real estate market to everyone by making it inclusive, educational, collaborative, and fun.
We're well funded with backing from CRV, Y Combinator, Will Smith, Kevin Durant, Unusual Ventures, among others such as founders and leaders of Affirm, Compass, Blend, and Sprout Social.
Democratizing residential real estate investing is just the start, and we’d love to have you join us to build the future of investing.
What We Are Building
Getting started with real estate is an expensive and arduous task, we make it easy. Options are very limited and expensive for most - you either lack the cash and know how to do things yourself or you're stuck with the high fees and limited opportunity that funds offer. We believe that with the right tools and guidance anyone can choose to own, invest, and grow real assets how they want. Our mission is to empower the next generation of real estate investors and operators by building the best products they need to do their best work.
We are a small team with deep experience in fintech, real estate, and SEC regulations backed by Fifth Wall, Left Lane, CRV, and Y Combinator.
What We Look For
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining products at scale, both on the frontend and backend.
- Sense for small details to help us build beautiful products that our customers love to use.
- Enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Grit and adaptability to thrive with an early-stage team and navigate the unknown.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Passionate about Fractional's mission and empathize with our users and how they'll use our products.
What You'll Do
- Drive end-to-end design and implementation of product requirements including task break-down, delivery, testing, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and the rest of engineering to turn feature/product specs into reality.
- Influence the features and direction of the platform with your own ideas and proactively identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Grow with the company as a technical leader.
What We Offer
Health benefits Full healthcare benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance - for you and your dependents. Time off Unlimited paid vacation that we encourage you to take advantage of. Team events Regular off-sites and retreats throughout the year. Tools A laptop, monitor and any equipment you might need to do your best work.
We are a fully remote team with an in-person hub in New York.
Our tech stack:
- Frontend: React, Tailwind, Next.js, GraphQL
- Backend: Node, DynamoDB, AWS
- Experience with our stack isn't necessary - we can teach you or you can show us your ways.
Intro Call 45-minute intro call with Carlos Trevino, co-CEO of Fractional. We'll discuss your goals, past work, and clarify any questions about the team, role, and company. Phone Screen 1-hour technical session with an engineer on the team. You should expect either a coding or system design question. Super day / On site 1-2. 1-hour technical sessions with engineers on the team. You should expect either a coding or system design question. 3. 30-minute call with Carlos to discuss further details and questions