Technical Account Manager
Check is leading a revolution in the payroll industry. Payroll is the backbone of the US economy, and yet it has not undergone significant innovation in decades. We invented the embedded payroll space to change that (see: Check: Solving the $150 Billion Payroll Problem, Bank On It; Episode 438), both for the business owners who spend countless hours per week running payroll and for the millions of Americans who depend on their next paycheck. At Check, our mission is to empower the most innovative software platforms to create new payroll businesses, and enable those businesses to transform the way companies pay their employees.
Check’s culture is intensely caring: to each other as teammates, to our partners, and to the businesses and workers we serve. Our teams are made up of creative problem solvers and empathetic cross-functional collaborators who can simplify the complexities of payroll. We bring hustle and grit to our day-to-day, while building enduring solutions and relationships.
At Check, we call our customers “partners” to reflect the deep relationship and aligned incentives we have with the businesses that build on top of our software. The Technical Account Management function is a team of individuals passionate about helping partners unlock the potential of their payroll solutions by providing proactive strategic and technical guidance, which enables adoption, expansion, and deeper partner relationships.
You will be the technical and product expert for our partners in Check’s platform, owning the technical relationship with key stakeholders and aligning strategic product vision and roadmaps. You will work in partnership with a full account team and other cross-functional teams at Check, and you will be the primary driver of the design and execution of technical strategies to help our partners achieve their goals.
This role is ideal for someone who is an entrepreneur at heart. You will play an interactive role in both examining and influencing how different partners invest in, launch and grow new business units.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Check’s partners to achieve their technical and business goals
- Own the post-sales technical strategy for partners and ensuring understanding and alignment of mutual roadmaps
- Provide clear technical guidance on Check’s solutions
- Establish and own relationships with key technical stakeholders, from engineers to product owners and all the way to C-suite executives
- Be an external advocate for innovation and early adoption of Check products to partners and an internal advocate of partner needs to Check teams
- Serving as the escalation point for technical incidents and issues that arise beyond the normal Check support channels
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 4+ years of experience in a role focused on driving the success of external customers
- Strong communication skills and an executive presence
- A desire to build strong partnerships with key partners and internal stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to manage competing priorities and deliver results
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort in navigating uncertainty
- Excited to work with a distributed team
- Willingness and ability to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and important. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall. In this role, you’ll also travel regularly to see our partners!
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on their first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $159,000 and $221,000 dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $39,000 to $55,000 in the form of performance bonuses.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.