Senior Technical Recruiter
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. We’re proud to share that Check now powers payroll for platforms that together support over 3 million workers across more than 170,000 small and mid-sized businesses.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you'll have the exciting opportunity to collaborate closely with our technical leadership and flex across the organization as needed to identify and secure top-tier talent. Beyond this, you'll also have the chance to take ownership of unique projects and initiatives. Your responsibilities encompass full ownership and meticulous management of the entire recruitment cycle, all while continuously enhancing our candidate experience and refining our processes. This role reports to the Director of Talent.
In this role, you will:
- Kick-off roles, source, coordinate, recruit, and close new team members
- Build high-trust relationships with hiring managers and interviewers and communicate weekly progress updates and feedback to the senior leadership team
- Enhance our candidate experience by thinking creatively and holistically about how Check is presented
- Develop an understanding of the strategy and skill sets needed for the teams to help create job descriptions and role kick-off plans
- Leverage the ATS (we use Greenhouse) to track candidate progress and maintain clean data for reporting
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will:
- Have 4+ years of relevant in-house recruiting experience, preferably in a fast-growing tech startup
- Have 2+ years of experience recruiting for engineering teams
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented with an interest in digging into recruitment data to analyze trends
- Care deeply about creating a high-touch experience with candidates, interviewers, and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Be passionate about DEI&B and constantly evolving your sourcing techniques to identify a broad and wide candidate pool
- Willingness and ability to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and essential. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on their first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $129,000 and $142,000, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $22,900 to $24,500 in performance bonuses.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.