Product Marketing Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. We’re proud to share that Check now powers payroll for platforms that together support over 3 million workers across more than 170,000 small and mid-sized businesses.
As the Product Marketing Manager at Check, you'll collaborate closely with our Heads of Marketing, Product, and Sales to craft Check’s product storytelling vision and voice to bring Check’s product vision to market. We seek an individual who can grow Check’s product marketing efforts across the entire prospect and partner experience. This role reports directly to Check’s Head of Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Work proactively to build a deep understanding of our market, customers, and products
- Establish Check’s product storytelling vision and voice to bring Check’s product vision to market
- Lead product marketing content development: create messaging and internal and external-facing content and assets that require collaboration and cross-functional alignment with marketing, sales, customer success, and product
- Work directly with our sales team to train, ensure consistent messaging, and develop sales enablement assets
- Seek improvements in the full customer journey from lead to prospect to customer to champion
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels
- Ensure Check’s messaging, style guidelines, brand, and voice are consistent across all channels
- Deeply understand our prospects, partners, and the Check product suite to develop and continually improve messaging and narrative
- Manage and optimize the launch of new web and landing pages across our website
- Bring new Check products to the market with effective launches measured by adoption, new leads, and faster time to market for new partners
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in marketing with a focus on B2B product marketing or partner marketing
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills - background in copywriting is a plus
- You have experience at SaaS companies, with a focus on enterprise sales
- You like crafting strategic plans to solve complex messaging, product development, and other core challenges for the business
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Webflow, Hubspot, SFDC, Google Analytics, etc)
- You understand how to make complex things simple and can deliver value-based messaging
- You can drive an important cross-functional project with a variety of stakeholders
- You are scrappy and eager to move fast, test, and iterate
- Willingness and ability to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and important. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on their first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $123,000 and $162,000, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.