Senior Software Engineer, Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, June 7, 2023
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds in payments, working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, and building apps that were featured on the Apple app store. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Affirm, and other leading technology companies.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We were named to Forbes annual Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, and have just recently been selected to join the World Economic Forum as a Global Innovator.
Learn more about our mission, culture, and background on our Careers Page.
- Lead & participate in building products end to end, from helping to scope projects to measuring their success and iterating quickly based on user feedback
- Build and iterate on our GTM architecture, signup flows, and services responsible for onboarding new customers
- Design, implement, and maintain the APIs & user-facing experiences core to our business and growth strategy
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Make effective tradeoffs between business priorities, user experience, and reliability
Who you are:
- Have 5+ years of professional experience building products with speed and quality
- Experience working with backend tech (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, and/or NodeJS)
- Experience working with modern frontend tech (e.g. React) with a strong grasp on the fundamentals (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience in sign-up flows, onboarding, and marketing systems
- A growth mindset in your career & an extreme level of ownership over the work you do
- A strong desire to level up while holding yourself and your teammates to a consistently high bar of quality
Pay & benefits:
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees
- Practically endless interesting problems and autonomy to solve them
- We are a remote-first company
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match
We value integrity and resourcefulness over loyalty to the status quo. Even if your background doesn't perfectly align with the job requirements above, you are encouraged to apply! We look forward to hearing from you!