Senior Security Engineer, Insider Threat & Counterintelligence
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril's Insider Threat and Counterintelligence Team is looking for a security engineer to build world class defensive controls to protect Anduril information, infrastructure, and brand. This is a role with wide breadth that will have the latitude to design and implement cutting edge security solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Engineer advanced solutions to secure sensitive data against unauthorized access or disclosures
- Design and build robust insider threat detection and response architectures
- Architect and implement automation of insider threat monitoring and investigation workflows
- Contribute to internal investigations where needed providing support in forensic analysis, log review, analysis of alerts, summary of incident timeline, etc.
- Execute rigorous testing on internal security mechanisms to validate their effectiveness
- Action-oriented engineer with the ability to work autonomously and take ownership of complex projects
- Strong programming ability in one or more general purpose languages (Python, Go, C++, etc)
- Experience developing and implementing defensive controls around Windows, MacOS, Linux, and SaaS applications
- Proficiency with automating workflows and integrating security tools within IT environments
- Experience with AWS or Azure security ecosystem and tooling
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Splunk and/or other SIEMs.
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools, device management tooling and other telemetry sources
- Experience working on insider threat teams or working insider threat investigations
- Experience with broad system forensics
- Experience communicating technical security concerns and issues to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 3+ years of security engineering experience; or 5+ years of security engineering experience without a degree
- Possess and able to maintain a U.S. TS Security Clearance
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!