McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join our group in McHenry, MS to support our Rocket Motor Systems team. As a CNC Machinist, you will play a crucial role in the production of precision components and parts for the R&D efforts at Anduril Rocket Motor Systems. Your primary responsibilities will include setting up and operating CNC machines, programming these machines, designing and building fixtures, ensuring the quality of finished products, and contributing to the overall efficiency of our manufacturing processes.
· Program, set-up, and operate CNC machines using G-code and CAM software to produce high-precision parts.
· Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
· Design, build, and install fixtures to securely hold workpieces.
· Monitor machine performance, make necessary adjustments, and perform routine maintenance.
· Inspect finished parts to ensure they meet quality standards.
· Assist other members of the fabrication team as necessary.
· Training new and existing team members on CNC equipment.
· At least 2 years of experience as a CNC Machinist.
· Proficiency in operating CNC machines, including but not limited to milling and turning.
· Strong understanding of CNC programming, G-code, GD&T as well as CAM software.
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
· Experience with work holding fixture design and fabrication.
· Proficiency with precision measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, etc.).
· Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail are a must.
· Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
· The ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
· A commitment to safety, quality, and productivity.
· U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
· Experience with programming and operating Prototrak machines.
· Prior experience operating manual machining equipment, including but not limited to engine lathes, knee mills, drill presses, band saws, and surface grinders.
· Prior experience with different welding processes (GMAW/MIG, GTAW/TIG, SMAW, & FCAW)
· Prior work in a R&D or prototype shop.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!