Mission Deployment Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
A JADC2 Mission Deployment Engineer (MDE) installs, connects and maintains Anduril’s software to deliver mission-critical capabilities to our customers. Deployment Ops Specialists will prepare, execute, and support software installations in complex high-side environments.
As a member of the Mission Integration team, you will serve as a bridge between product engineering and deployed operations. You will practice extreme ownership of all dependencies to ensure that Anduril’s growing suite of capabilities achieve total mission success in all environments.
To this end, you will work alongside a product development team where you will leverage your operations and engineering experience to shape and deploy a solution of maximum effectiveness and reliability. Your scope will vary between products but can include focus areas as disparate as:
- Sophisticated configuration of the environment
- Reliability engineering
- Deployment at scale
- Incident triage and root-cause analysis
- Software tooling and user-experience improvements
- Pre-deployment testing and configuration
- Workflow automation, and development of acceptance test procedures.
In addition, you will be a core participant in customer demonstrations, events, and early deployments of the product. The knowledge you gain in these deployments will inform your mission integration engineering efforts and allow you to instruct others on the deployment and operation of the product.
Mission Deployment Engineering team members will be deeply familiar with Lattice’s capabilities as a data and applications platform, and will holistically support end-to-end customer success.
- Hawaii based; comfortable working with a distributed team
- Extensive hands-on (field operations, systems administration) technical experience
- Experience working within Linux based operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and operations in pursuit of mission success
- Experience working with cross-functional engineering teams and external customers; demonstrated ability to collect differing opinions and reconcile them in order to achieve agreement on what ‘right’ looks like
- Experience performing data-driven root cause analysis on complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to train peers or customers on the operation of a product
- Must hold an active US TS security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Up to 50% travel
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Hold a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification
- Experience installing, sustaining, and troubleshooting data systems for DoD or otherwise sensitive customers
- Familiarity with DoD-managed network enclaves (NIPR, SIPR, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of: Typescript/React, Go, Docker/Kubernetes
- Military service background
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!