Lead Technical Operations Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
WHY WE'RE HERE
At Anduril’s Deployment Operations group, we aim to seamlessly deploy and support our innovative products to our customers. We're determined to tackle unpredictable challenges and uphold our commitment to technical excellence in every phase of product deployment.
As a Technical Operations Engineer at Anduril, you will be at the forefront of deploying and supporting our products in Australia. Beyond installation, you'll take ownership of technical solutions, manage risks, collaborate for timely hardware delivery, and act as a regional expert, continuously learning and guiding others through product challenges and refining our offerings based on real-world feedback.
WHAT YOU'll DO
- Deploy and support Anduril products around Australia.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks during deployment planning stages.
- Coordinate with logistics and operations teams for timely hardware delivery.
- Commission new sites alongside Anduril's customers.
- Provide technical sustainment to product sites.
- Serve as a regional expert on deployed products and systems.
- Coach teammates on systems and continually learn new ones.
- Guide users in product employment and troubleshooting.
- Advise account managers on operation structuring for technical success.
- Offer feedback to engineering teams for product refinement.
- Ability to gather requirements from end-users. Communicate and teach complex subjects with clarity and simplicity. Able to build trust cross-functionally, and influence teams in a peer-leadership capacity
- Proven ability to master a technical system and support it in austere environments. Must demonstrate an innate drive to be self-sufficient across the breadth of a technical system
- Strong aptitude for problem solving in unstructured situations at the interface of hardware, software, and networking. Ability to drive challenging and vague technical problems to clarity and resolution
- Naturally inquisitive, able to independently research and learn new technical components or concepts
- Ability to work with our logistics and operations teams to execute complex operational and logistics plans to move people and things quickly, over long distances, in unfamiliar locations
- Must be able to obtain and hold an Australia Government NV2 security clearance
- Willingness to travel for up to one month at a time
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Familiarity with Linux OS. Comfortable obtaining data from software platforms using command-line tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude with tools and electronics
- Prior military or overseas contracting experience
- Experience leading and managing teams of highly technical individuals in challenging environments (military leadership in a technical capacity, field service supervisor, defence contractor site lead, etc.)
- Hold an active Australia Government NV2 security clearance
What we value in a technical operations engineer
- Mission First: Above all, Technical Operations Engineers execute their mission in an expedient, and pragmatic way. They keep the mission top-of-mind and make pragmatic and thoughtful technical decisions to deliver successful outcomes.
- Technical Mastery: Technical Operations Engineers should possess a natural technical curiosity and ability to research and learn autonomously, enabling them to master and support technical systems independently.
- Customer Facing: Technical Operations Engineers are closest to Anduril's customers, end-users, and the technical challenges of operational scenarios. They should be proud representatives of Anduril and our products.
- Trust & Influence: Technical Operations Engineers should have the ability to foster trust with our customers, and internally within Anduril.
- Embrace Challenge (and follow through): Technical Operations Engineers take responsibility for achieving the mission.
At Anduril Australia, we strive to make this a workplace where you can do the best work of your careers. We have a range of industry leading benefits such as:
- Equity package so that you are part of the Anduril success story.
- Comprehensive caregiver and wellness leave policy to support you and your family.
- Private healthcare for you and your dependents.
- Delicious snacks, drinks and catered lunch at our offices.
- Phone bill reimbursement.
- Professional development allowance.
- Vacation bonus - we incentivize our employees to look after themselves by providing a yearly vacation bonus.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!