Wake Forest, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Air Vehicle division designs and builds aircraft, aircraft systems, and aerospace structures for the Defense, Space, and other aerospace-related industries. Anduril is seeking Avionics Technician candidates to join our team to continue development and manufacturing of our unmanned turbofan-powered tactical aircraft
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implement, test & verify power, data, and control solutions for multiple avionic and electrical systems within prototype aircraft, and other related projects.
- Implement, test & verify electronic or electrical components and custom cables.
- Execute test plans to ensure functional, performance, and safety objectives are achieved.
- Collaborate in teams of multi-disciplinary designers, aircraft integrators, and other technicians.
- Actively participate in internal design reviews.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics Technology or similar.
- 10+ years of experience integrating and testing electrical systems.
- Experience working in a lab to evaluate and troubleshoot electronic components, electrical systems, and PCBs, including use of equipment such as DMM, function generator, oscilloscope, logic analyzer.
- Experience with techniques for cable/PCB assembly and rework, including soldering, reflow soldering, de-pinning/re-pinning, splicing, lacing and cable routing.
- Ability to become IPC certified for PCB and Cable rework.
- Ability to read and redline electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate high initiative and problem solving abilities.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance or avionics systems.
- Experience with rugged military/aerospace applications including DO- and MIL-STD technical requirements.
- Experience working on DoD contracts such as handling a variety of distribution restricted documentation and government property.
- IPC certified for PCB and Cable rework.
- Experience with variety of potting and encapsulation techniques for cables and enclosures in an aircraft environment.
- Experience with a Schematic capture tool (preferably Altium).
- Familiarity with design, development and creation of 3D printed structures and components.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers.
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance.
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!