EVTOL Electrical Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of next generation power systems for Anduril’s air vehicle products - spanning battery devices, motor controllers, and converters for up to multi-kW power levels.
- Power Electronics Design: Develop power electronics solutions from concept to functional prototype, covering hardware selection, schematic and PCB design, board bring-up, and system-level integration.
- System Analysis: Perform power system and electrical loading analysis, simulation, and testing to identify optimal solutions for Anduril's EVTOL power requirements.
- Interconnect and Harnessing: Develop and document system-level interconnect and harnessing solutions to support power delivery and distribution hardware, aligning with Anduril's stringent standards.
- Testing and Validation: Conduct comprehensive testing and validation of EVTOL power system components through lab, ground, and flight tests. This includes low-level firmware development for testing purposes.
- Lead Collaboration: As the pioneering go-to expert, you’ll take on a hands-on role, leading the efforts across diverse sectors from electrical to firmware to successfully develop EVTOL power systems in line with Anduril’s vision.
- Problem Solving: Employ root cause analysis to support field operations and quickly address any power system issues that may arise, ensuring the reliability and safety of Anduril's EVTOL products.
- Project Management: Efficiently manage involvement in multiple EVTOL projects at various stages, thriving in a fast-paced environment that supports new developments, active deployments, and customer-operated hardware.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, 5+ years of experience in designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics modules within the EVTOL or UAS environment.
- Strong familiarity with aviation and avionics standards, including DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810G, or relevant EVTOL avionics design standards.
- Proficiency with various test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current probes, and the ability to automate tests.
- Extensive experience in high-power (10+kW) and high-voltage (>100V) design, testing, and lab safety, with a commitment to upholding Anduril's safety standards.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency with electronic design automation design tools, such as Altium Designer or equivalent.
- Eligibility to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance, in line with Anduril's security requirements.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!