Huntsville, AL, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Rocket Motor Systems group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The Rocket Motor Systems group designs, develops, and manufactures next-generation solid rocket motors for defense and space applications at Anduril.
As Mechanical Engineer, you will conduct mechanical design and analysis of solid rocket motor components, including motor cases, nozzles, propellant grains, igniters, and ignition safety components. The right person for this role has a strong understanding of mechanical design, stress analysis, and thermal analysis principles, as well as a solid handle on the usage of tools common in industry. If you are someone who is hardware-focused and detail-oriented then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform CAD design activities of mechanical components
- Perform finite element analysis of structural and thermal systems
- Generate, review, and release product definition (i.e. engineering drawings)
- Create reports and presentations documenting analysis and other supporting work
- Present to peers and customers in design reviews
- Support prototyping, manufacturing, and test operations onsite at our manufacturing facilities and suppliers’ facilities
- Own the development of critical subsystems from cradle to grave
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience performing mechanical design and analysis
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar, or a comparable combination of education and applicable experience.
- Prior experience operating CAD software and/or FEA software
- A solid understanding of hardware manufacturability and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel to other Anduril sites, customer sites, or supplier sites as business demand dictates. Anticipated 10-25% travel.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or similar.
- Experience with Solidworks CAD software and/or Abaqus FEA software.
- Certification in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Expertise in engineering tool development in Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, and/or Python.
- Experience with propulsion systems
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!