Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril we are developing unmanned aerial systems capable of terminal guidance, long range intelligence collection, precision navigation, and unsupervised autonomy. Anvil, Altius, Ghost, and other developmental UAS platforms are built to operate in remote environments with limited user input, driving requirements for reliability and autonomy. We have developed an autonomy stack that receives user intent, responds to detections processed at the edge, and coordinates flight patterns for groups of assets. We are looking for systems engineers with experience in this field to help design and manage the next generation of Anduril’s flight vehicles. In order to be successful at Anduril, a systems engineer needs to be familiar with simulation and rapid prototyping development to drive complex electro-mechanical and aero-performance design trades, in addition to supporting the engineering product development, production, and sustainment through the entire product lifecycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within a team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of UAV design and integration efforts
- Conceptualize system architecture for upgrades and enhancements to existing vehicle systems
- Layout system design plans and interfaces for new UAV products and platforms
- Draft and develop test plans for critical subsystems, and support vehicle level acceptance testing
- Develop interface controls for partners and customers to use for hardware, software, and electrical integration of complex and unique payloads with the Anduril UAVs
- Achieve maximum uptime by leading vehicle data analysis efforts to identify performance trends and develop predictive failure models
- Support build and benchtop testing of new vehicle systems
- Conduct hands-on, UAV testing with occasional travel
- A passion for systems development, integration, and testing
- 5+ years of industry experience including but not limited to systems engineering
- Familiarity with concepts of systems engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software development, and control theory
- Hands-on build and prototyping of complex robotic or aircraft systems
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and ability to use basic test equipment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to travel as required for test planning and execution
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience developing electromechanical system models to inform design, operation, and troubleshooting of complex subsystems
- Hands on manufacturing or flight testing experience
- Experience in design engineering
- Understanding of aerodynamics, avionics and flight systems
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!