Senior Integration Engineer
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in robotics, autonomy, software, mechanical and electrical engineering to create technology solutions that radically evolve the defence capability of Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril Australia and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require Senior Systems Engineers with broad experience to drive the delivery a variety of software enabled hardware capabilities to our customers. Anduril Senior Systems Engineers rapidly develop expertise in new domains in order to architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation capabilities through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own technology solutions that are deployed to customers, focussed on the delivery of value to the end-user
- Act as a subject matter expert for your areas of expertise as they relate to the delivery of Anduril’s technology capabilities, including areas such as hardware selection and integration, testing and evaluation, robotic perception, engineering process or cybersecurity
- Empathize with end-users and drive solutions that balance their needs with external constraints, restrictions and requirements in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Design, architet, and implement integrated systems, including advanced and sensitive platforms and payloads, that rapidly delivers capability beyond the scope of current systems, with a clear path for both architecture and capability evolution over time
- Contribute to the design and development of technology components across Anduril, with the aim of developing components that are re-usable across multiple Anduril product lines
- Contribute to the design, implementation and execution of development processes for the initial delivery and subsequent iteration of complex robotic systems, including full lifecycle testing, monitoring and operation.
- Support vehicle and payload manufacturing, testing and deployment
- Travel to co-locate with end-users up to 20% of the time
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team, including as a mentor for Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive professional experience working as an Engineer with one or more domains and/or technologies of expertise
- Ability to exercise extremely high ownership over a complex system, including design, integration, test, and delivery of new capabilities
- Capacity to work holistically on complex robotic systems across design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for a complex subsystem, including stakeholder engagement, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, sustainment and evolution
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience with the design, implementation and support of robotic and/or autonomous systems
- Experience working within the defence, maritime and/or aerospace domains
- Experience within the product delivery lifecycle including manufacturing, system acceptance, deployment, and sustainment
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Systems Engineer, such as Principal Systems Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!