Senior Technical Writer - Active Clearance
Marketing & Communications, IT
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an experienced technical writer to partner with our Test & Evaluation group to generate and maintain engineering and operation-focused technical documentation. The team strongly believes that documentation is a key part of the test and product development process. In this role you will work closely with test engineers, pilots, and various subject matter experts to understand how they use our products, identify gaps in understanding, and use documentation to close the gap. The Technical Writer will play a foundational role in setting the tone and quality bar on written artifacts, as well as helping to grow the technical documentation function as a whole at Anduril.
With our focus on defense and national security, product docs play a critical role in ensuring that front-line decision makers have the best tools and information possible about Anduril systems. As a Technical Writer, your mission is to make this process as easy and seamless as possible, with exceptionally written and presented artifacts, while building world-class infrastructure and tooling for creating and maintaining our documentation content at scale.
Written content artifacts under this charter may include things like: checklists, procedures, operational manuals, maintenance manuals, templates, user guides, release notes, troubleshooting guides, and API documentation. You will partner with test engineering, product management, and the business across all phases of product development — from ground truth need-finding, to execution, to field testing and validation — to ensure that the user has the right documentation available.
This is an opportunity to join a small and scrappy team to help shape Anduril’s product documentation experience from the ground up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build partnerships across the business to understand our users and our products, with specific focus on hardware and its supporting software components used by the Test & Evaluation group and operators.
- Generate, review, and edit documentation, that is Test & Evaluation-focused and of the highest quality
- Contribute to Anduril’s technical writing toolkit, working on everything from style guides to the documentation lifecycle and review process
- Work with engineering to populate system background information in order provide complete, execution-centered documentation.
- 7+ years of demonstrated excellence generating technical documentation
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documentation
- Basic development proficiency - we value the ability to apply software development best practices to documentation systems
- A passion for excellent documentation and user experiences
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication skills, for a variety of audiences
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, managing competing demands and occasional tight deadlines
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- Previous experience creating technical documentation in the Aerospace industry and/or DOD
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!