Sensor Integration Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- In this role you will help take products from early concepts to reality--playing a critical role in product architecture, design, integration, optimization, & lifecycle support, with special consideration to the sensing systems and architecture our products employ
- Writing fast and functional code to perform sensor integration that is reliable and robust
- Integrate sensor nodes into the larger Anduril software stack
- Drive the vertical integration, and optimization of sensor system for a continually evolving product and application space; coordinating short to medium-term efforts across multiple hardware and software teams
- Support existing product deployments in the field; identifying, diagnosing, and addressing P0 hardware and software issues
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of experience integrating, designing, developing on, or optimizing remote sensing systems (Radar, Lidar, EO, IR, etc)
- Strong proficiency in writing software for sensor integration (C++, Rust, python, etc)
- Driven, autonomous, hungry, and passionate about your work. Desire to be a part of a team and work with stakeholders across different functional domains
- Strong technical communication skills, providing the ability to deliver critical technical briefings and conclusions to technical and company leadership
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!