Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an NixOS Developer to join our team.
As an NixOS Developer, you will be extensively working with Nix across a wide variety of domains, including deploying embedded NixOS systems to a fleet of robots, structuring Nix overlays and flakes, and developing automated tests for physical and virtualized NixOS assets. The right person for this role has depth of experience across Nix, nixpkgs, and NixOS. If you are someone who is motivated by using Nix and NixOS in new and exciting areas then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help make NixOS be an excellent embedded Linux distribution
- Package various open-source and proprietary software components using Nix
- Contribute to the use of Nix across our build, CI, and deployment infrastructure
- Help define the default NixOS configuration for hardware assets
- Work with upstream Nix/NixOS to open-source improvements
- Proficiency with Nix, nixpkgs idioms, NixOS, and functional programming generally
- Deep understanding of how Linux systems work, from kernel to userspace
- Ability to dive into large and complicated systems, and use Nix to improve them
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Rust, C++, Go, Python, Haskell
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Experience with ARM ecosystem. Board bring-up with NixOS. Customizing device trees
- Experience with securing embedded Linux systems
- Record of contributions to Nix/NixOS
$132,000 - $240,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!