Electrical Test Engineering Manager
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2020
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for an Electrical Test Engineering Manager to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineers who are responsible for the design of production test hardware, test plans, and automated test equipment.
- Lead and own test plan definition for new products and new features, in collaboration with firmware, software, and hardware design teams.
- Determine test strategies that optimize: product safety, product reliability, risk mitigation, FMEA coverage, and schedule.
- Design and execution of PCBA and electrical system components with hands on testing and rework as necessary, including troubleshooting of production failures
- Data analysis and clear communication of results and collaboration with design engineers to resolve any product problems found via test
- Design and implement next generation test hardware systems to facilitate fast and repeatable testing of product
- Develop test automation from component level to system level.
- Support board bring-up and bench validation.
- Support Design Engineer with DFT, provide feedback from test results to improve quality and test coverage.
- Support manufacture test bring-up and yield.
- Support quality field failure analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or equivalent with 8+ years in Test Engineering.
- Understanding of peripherals and developing test and validation strategies.
- Example: USB, I2C, I2S, CSI, Ethernet, SPI, PCIe, HDMI
- Understanding of how to develop a test and validation strategy, including both production and design verification testing.
- Understanding of test environment, including error analysis, ESS, DVT
- Understanding of Product Release Cycle from prototype to production and key deliverables of each phase.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to support product development from prototype to production.
- Knowledge of scripting languages to develop automation. Python, C/C++, Labview, Unix Shell
- Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!