Senior Manager - Commercial Legal Attorney
Senior Manager, Commercial Legal Attorney (India)
Commercial Legal - Who We Are
The Rubrik Commercial Legal team is responsible for drafting and negotiating legal contracts, supporting new product launches, and advising the business on all customer and revenue-related matters. Rubrik is seeking an energetic, creative, talented and experienced Senior Manager, Commercial Legal Attorney to lead our India-based legal team. This is a remote position based in India.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
This role will focus on two main areas: 1. Commercial Legal Attorney; and 2. Senior Manager of Rubrik’s India-based legal team
- Commercial Legal Attorney:
- Draft, review and negotiate complex SaaS agreements with major enterprise customers, with a focus on negotiating with regulated industries in India and the APAC region . This is a customer-facing role.
- Embrace the challenge of learning (and explaining) Rubrik’s products, new technologies and novel legal and regulatory issues in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Partner closely with Rubrik’s Sales, Sales Ops, Support, Professional Services, Information Security, Compliance, Product, Partner Programs, Engineering, and Finance teams on commercial contracting matters. Collaborate and partner effectively with an enterprise sales organization and cross-functionally with a range of global stakeholders across all company functions.
- Advise executives and key stakeholders on legal issues relevant to Rubrik’s business.
- Senior Manager of Rubrik’s India-based legal team
- Develop a team of junior attorneys and paralegals to support the broader legal department in being more efficient and streamlining many functions while documenting processes and playbooks.
- Mentoring junior attorneys on NDAs, Trial Agreements, SaaS Agreements and general contract negotiation skills.
- Develop and implement creative solutions to enable business colleagues to be more self-sufficient through the contracts process, including forms, playbooks, and training materials.
- Bring energy, passion, and a process-oriented mindset to enable the Commercial Legal team to scale to support a high-growth business. Develop and automate processes to streamline contracts workflow, with a goal of reducing time to revenue while driving consistency and adherence to Rubrik policies.
- 10+ years of substantive commercial legal and SaaS contracting experience, including at least 4 years’ experience working at a fast-growing SaaS technology company.
- Licensed Attorney and Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Deep experience with sales-side SaaS technology transactions.
- Strong understanding of privacy laws applicable to SaaS agreements in India and globally, including DPDP and GDPR.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Broad familiarity with the regulatory context applicable to India-based financial sector companies (i.e. RBI Guidelines). Negotiation experience with Indian and global financial institutions desired.
- Business acumen with the ability to effectively drive business forward with a thoughtful, proactive, and practical approach that inspires confidence and builds trust, and demonstrates high integrity and transparency.
- Experience building teams and designing processes to manage and streamline global contracting and compliance workstreams.
- Proven ability to own projects from start to finish and drive process improvements.
- Demonstrated capability to work efficiently, learn quickly, prioritize and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Analytical and detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.