Director, Global Sales Development
About Team & About Role:
Rubrik’s sales organization is a united group of elite cross-functional sales professionals that help companies & government entities achieve resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. We offer continuous professional development through our world class sales enablement program and our One Rubrik selling approach provides all the resources you need to exceed your goals, maximize your earnings potential and take your career to the next level. All this while doing something that truly matters, protecting the world's data.
We are seeking an experienced third line leader to manage a team of Business Development Managers local to the U.S. and globally. You should bring a proven track record of success in generating pipeline, achieving sales targets, and experience in motivating teams through leadership, coaching, and team-building skills. You will stay aligned with marketing to follow up on lead generation campaigns while consistently monitoring, tracking results, and driving team execution to meet sales goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee a global team of sales development leaders and reps, approximately 150
- Recruit and hire A+ talent, while running a consistent, fair and scalable process, and coach leaders on interview best practices
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment that brings out the best in people and keeps engagement high. We want our leaders and reps to see Rubrik as a place to learn and grow their careers!
- Coach team on identifying high-potential customers, researching Rubrik’s value fit, personalizing messaging to prospecting, and generating high-quality new business meetings for the company - you should feel confident doing the role of an SDR!
- Day-to-day people manager development; expectations will be shadowing and coaching on 1:1s and calls, developing and coaching on SDR feedback, mock role plays, delivering feedback, etc.
- Drive accountability and development of team daily/weekly to meet metrics, leader and development goals
- Inspect and drive an appropriate mix of outbound/inbound activities for our enterprise customer prospecting to set meetings
- Drive accountability of inbound lead follow-up, and ensure the team is within compliance metrics (i.e. timeliness). Collaborate with Marketing to track results and align on goals.
- Proactively handle difficult conversations with empathy, while driving accountability keeping business goals in mind.
- Collaborate with the field sales leadership, Marketing to ensure regional territory success
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments – we’re seeing cybersecurity breaches daily in today’s world. Rubrik can make an impact.
- Be an expert on what we do and how we help our customers keep their businesses up and running
- Own your business and your sales targets, and have a data driven approach to decision making and driving accountability. Proactively report out on results to stakeholders across the business and identify areas of opportunity for growth.
- Use customer relationship management (Salesforce, Ambition & Salesloft) software to manage team activities
- You will be working in-office 3-5 days a week for active coaching and team camaraderie
Experience You’ll Need:
- Experience with 3rd line leadership positions
- Background in tech sales and 5+ years of overall experience - we want leaders who will lead and inspire their team with experienced knowledge of the tech industry
- Working knowledge of lead management and outbound prospecting strategy
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic high-pressure environment
- Polished written and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort engaging with senior leadership
- Proven skills in cold calling and email outreach
- Strong coaching skills at the rep and leader level
- Strong track record of selling and the ability to translate that skills-set to early in carer reps
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of managers
- Background in tech sales - we want leaders who will lead and inspire their team with experienced knowledge of the tech industry
- Proficient in Salesforce.com and Salesloft
- Working knowledge in top of the funnel sales processes and strategy
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.