Director/Principal Network Architect
Director/Principal Architect Network Engineering Operations
The Rubrik Network & Security Engineering and Operations team is responsible for architecting, building, automating, and managing our Global Network Infrastructure in Datacenter and all three major public cloud providers (AWS, Azure & GCP) and work with talented colleagues on challenging projects. You’ll enjoy this team if you like working in a highly collaborative environment focused on being entrepreneurial, agile, and responsive. You’ll have a huge impact and build with the best technology behind you.
The role of a Director/Principal Architect in Network Engineering and Operations is a senior leadership position responsible for setting the strategic direction, design, and architecture of an organization's network infrastructure. This role involves strategic planning, technical leadership, and collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure the network infrastructure aligns with business goals.
Network Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategy for the organization's network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align network initiatives with overall business objectives.
- Create and manage a budget for network projects and technology investments.
Network Design and Architecture:
- Lead the design and architecture of the organization's network, ensuring it supports current & future needs and is highly available and scalable.
- Evaluate and recommend network technologies, hardware, and software solutions.
- Ensure network designs adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring network stability and performance for Rubrik Inc. On-Premises and Public Cloud networks.
- Demonstrate ability to coach team members around best practices for delivering highly available and scalable Hybrid Cloud solutions.
- Develop relationships with key business partners and customers by seeking feedback relative to their business needs. Collaborate with them regularly, and participate in customer meetings.
- Stay current with emerging networking trends & technologies and make recommendations for adoption.
- Manage any potential conflicts & reach an agreement with autonomy.
Network Implementation and Optimization:
- Oversee the implementation of network projects, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Partners with management to define and evolve processes and co-owns the quality of the deliverables.
- Accountable for business partner success through technological and domain expertise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues to minimize downtime.
- Sets the bar for being responsive to operational issues and is accountable for their prevention in future.
- Proactively develops & executes plans for Tech-Debt Cleanup to ensure all network systems are in healthy state.
Security and Compliance:
- Establish and enforce network security policies and procedures to safeguard against cybersecurity threats and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Work closely with the Infosec team to ensure Security best practices are enforced in an effective and scalable manner.
- Participate in design reviews; Ensure compliance with Information Technology governance standards.
Vendor and Stakeholder Management:
- Collaborate with vendors, suppliers, and cross-functional teams to procure network equipment, services, and solutions.
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships to ensure cost-effectiveness and service quality.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand and address network requirements.
Capacity Planning and Scalability:
- Monitor network traffic and performance to identify capacity needs and plan for scalability.
- Conducts advanced level performance tuning as well as network performance audits on a regular basis.
- Recommend infrastructure upgrades or expansion to support business growth and evolving technology requirements.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed network documentation, including diagrams, configurations, and change logs.
- Publish technical articles demonstrating problem identification and its solution .
- Generate and present reports on network performance, incidents, and compliance to executive leadership.
Experience you’ll need:
- 15+ years extensive network engineering and experience of architecture, designing and implementing enterprise (Data center/Public Clouds) at scale using industry standard networking solutions.
- 4-5 years experience in direct people management would be a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Network design, including Data Center, Campus, Public Cloud, and Global WAN connectivity.
- Expert in networking technologies: IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, VPN, L2 switching, eVPN and VxLAN.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols.
- Experience with provisioning and managing large scale networks using network automation
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of critical issues and conclude them to resolution
- Hands-on experience with the dis-aggregation model of white box with NOS.
- Deep knowledge of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards, including VLANs, VLAN aggregation, EtherChannel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q.
- Hands-on experience for multiple hardware vendors, including Cisco IOS, NX OS, ASR, Meraki, Mellanox, Palo Alto Networks, and Fortinet.
- Experience with Load Balancers, Citrix NetScaler preferred, AVI Load balancer, NGINX, and HA proxy.
- Advanced knowledge of network layer security, including Firewalls (Palo Alto, Fortinet, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network device monitoring, logging, and automation solutions.
- Proficient in AWS, Azure, and GCP Public Cloud platforms. Public Cloud Certifications are a plus.
- Deep understanding of VPC/VNET Management, VPC/VNET Peering, Shared VPC, Host & Service Projects, Cloud Routers, vWAN , Firewall Rules, vWAN- Hub & Spoke Architecture, Routes & Security Group Management, Transit Gateway across GCP, Azure & GCP.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Code for AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- A foundational understanding of CDN, DNS, and TLS.
- Expert knowledge of firewalls technologies, including VPNs and routing
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, Ansible, Terraform
- Professional certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, or CISSP may be preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proven experience in budget management and project management.
- Familiarity with cloud networking, virtualization, and software-defined networking (SDN) concepts is a plus.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.