Staff Engineer - RSC Platform
ABOUT THE TEAM
Rubrik’s mission is to secure the World’s Data.
The Polaris Platform Bangalore team (a.k.a. Legion team) at Rubrik provides the core platforms and systems that enable product engineers to efficiently build and operate scalable and reliable applications in the cloud and also the on-prem version of the control plane. Polaris Platform has a horizontal charter with our customers being both external customers as well as Rubrik internal teams. Presently, the Legion team is working on enabling product led trials, license management & enforcement, making its cloud deployment infrastructure more efficient. Legion team also owns the on-prem RSC (RSC-P) version and is currently working on supporting it on different deployments, while ensuring it scales and is performant like its cloud counterpart.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our team.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have a strategic impact across all the projects in the team, delivering large-scale solutions to complex problems. You will be responsible for designing sustainable systems and/or teams that operate at the same standard even if you take on new responsibilities. Additionally, you will mentor and coach other engineers to grow and develop into leads, model high standards, and help them achieve their best potential.
To address challenges of huge year over year growth, our team is constantly re-imagining our platform. This is an exciting time to join as we are constantly improving and innovating on each of our core layers.
Some recent projects include:
- Enabling product assisted trials to decrease sales cycles
- Scaling our single node on-prem control plane (RSC-P) to multi node
- Automating the entire customer onboarding process with a setup time of less than 30 seconds
- A new API gateway built from scratch for enabling programmatic workflows with native support for authorization and authentication
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large scale storage systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to their broader team, modelling high standards, helping them grow into leads, and learning how to be coaches
- Provide technical leadership to the broader team on a single effort or influence designs/plans/etc., beyond just those of a single project or team
- Look at business needs while evaluating technical problems/roadmaps, having shifted from mostly contributing tactically to often contributing strategically
- Innovate within their component area of scope, proposing and executing process improvements and technical initiatives to enhance the broader team productivity
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of industry experience with demonstrated expertise in solving complex problems
- Strong proficiency in one or more general-purpose programming languages like Go, Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, networking, file systems, storage systems
- Experience guiding other engineers in the design and implementation of scalable software solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, microservice architectures is a plus
Rubrik is on a mission to secure the world’s data. With Zero Trust Data Security™, Rubrik helps organizations achieve business resilience against cyberattacks, malicious insiders, and operational disruptions. Rubrik Security Cloud, powered by machine learning, secures data across enterprise, cloud, and SaaS applications. Rubrik helps organizations uphold data integrity, deliver data availability that withstands adverse conditions, continuously monitor data risks and threats, and restore businesses with their data when infrastructure is attacked.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.