Engineering Manager, Job Frameworks
About the role:
You will be leading Rubrik's core job framework team, which owns the schedulers and job frameworks for all of Rubrik's products. This team is essential to meeting Rubrik's growth needs, and it supports other feature teams and their rapidly increasing workloads. The system is running 5x as many jobs now as it was a year ago, and that trend will only continue. The team also faces many interesting technical challenges, as Rubrik diversifies its product offerings while unifying its backend.
The team itself is very diverse, and with a mix of junior and senior engineers. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about getting involved and helping young engineers grow, as well as driving overall priorities and interactions with the team's many stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Drive the roadmap for the Job Frameworks team
- Define a strong long-term strategy for the team by working with other engineering stakeholders across the company, as well as Product and Program Management
- Mentor and enable both recent college grads and experienced senior engineers
- Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability
- Bring a passion for solving customer problems, work closely with Support and cascade the same passion within your team
- Support the team and the company's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals
- Grow the team over time by hiring high quality engineers
Experience you'll need:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager, or other leadership role
- Experience delivering large-scale software solutions
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Prior experience in Scheduler, Job Framework, Database, and/or SaaS backend technologies
- Prior experience developing products for large, enterprise customers
- Been a central figure in recruiting and scaling diverse teams
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.