Information Security Program Manager, Business Resiliency
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company five years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Who We Are
Rubrik is seeking creative problem solvers with a passion for cyber security. In this role you will partner with all parts of the business to help secure the brand and protect the organization, company, and customer environments. You will be responsible for building and executing on security programs and delivering security technologies and improvements across the board. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can innovate and deliver strong cyberdefense capabilities that enhance the posture, maturity, and value of Rubrik’s information security organization.
What You’ll Do
Rubrik is seeking a Information Security Program Manager - Business Resiliency to be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the organization's disaster recovery plan for cloud infrastructure. This includes developing and testing recovery procedures for all critical cloud-based systems and data, as well as ensuring that the organization has the necessary resources in place to recover from a disaster.
- Lead the design and management of business continuity strategies, policies, and practices to minimize the impact of disruptions to Rubrik’s business functions and Zero Trust Data Management™ platform
- Building and scaling disaster recovery procedures for all critical cloud-based systems and data.
- Ensure that Rubrik has the necessary resources in place to recover from a disaster, including cloud storage, backup and recovery software, and replication solutions
- Coordinate with other IT teams to ensure that disaster recovery plans are integrated with other business continuity plans
- Define and organize business continuity exercises at the department level across all Rubrik products and orgs, as well as manage the logistics of disaster recovery testing
- Extensive experience in conducting tabletop and functional exercises across business functions
- Developing and conducting disaster recovery training and exercises
- Ensures proper coverage across the organization with global Disaster Recovery Plan owners
- Provides management, leadership, and direction to building, maintaining and enhancing Disaster Recovery Plans
- Assumes a leadership role in understanding dependencies in the infrastructure and incorporate them into Disaster Recovery plans
- Accountable for identification, understanding, management, mitigation, remediation or acceptance of all Disaster Recovery risks and issues assigned to the organization globally
- Communicates with Rubrik department heads on plan status including significant enhancements or issues that could impact continuity planning
- Works with respective departments across the organization to ensure effective understanding of Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery strategies
- 6+ years progressive experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, and risk management, with at least 2 years managing a disaster recovery program
- Experience working with global compliance standards and business continuity planning/frameworks
- Ability to analyze, communicate, articulate governance and compliance trends and program requirements
- Experience in working with modern cloud infrastructure, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (SaaS) environments
- Preferred experience in high growth startup environments or implementing BCP and DR programs
- Experience in financial services industry
- Strong project planning and project management experience
- Proven ability to establish and manage “dotted-line” business relationships to deliver agreed outcomes/deliverables
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel across the organization
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and appropriately based on audience with excellent facilitation and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, critical thinking skills, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively with ambiguity and change
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline preferred
- Industry certifications such as CBCP, ISO22301, CRISC will be prioritized.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.