Senior Network Engineer
The Rubrik Network Engineering team is responsible for architecting, building, automating, and managing our Global Network Infrastructure in our Datacenter and all three major public cloud providers. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will work with talented colleagues on challenging projects within the TechOps Infrastructure. You’ll enjoy this team if you like working in a highly collaborative environment focused on being entrepreneurial, agile, and responsive. You’ll have a huge impact and build with the best technology behind you. This person in this role will be mainly responsible for managing and supporting Rubrik’s Network Infrastructure in AWS, Azure & GCP Gov Cloud.
This position will be located in our Palo Alto, HQ
- Manage and support all Network & Security Infrastructure running on AWS, GCP & Azure Gov Clouds.
- Responsible for ensuring network stability and performance for Rubrik Inc. On-Premises and Public Cloud networks.
- Manage & support Gov Clouds associated security services like PAN, Firewall etc.
- Develop and deploy Network evolution roadmaps in both Gov and Commercial Clouds.
- Partner with Infosec team to ensure Security best practices are enforced in an effective and scalable manner.
- Provide support for network infrastructure problems by monitoring the team’s support queue, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, identifying the root cause of critical issues, and ensuring corrective action is taken following problem identification.
Experience You’ll Need:
- 7+ years extensive network engineering and experience of architecture, designing and implementing enterprise (Data center/Public Clouds) at scale using industry standard networking solutions.
- Proficient in AWS, Azure, and GCP Public Cloud platforms. Public Cloud Network Certifications are a plus.
- Azure VWAN, VNET + Peering, VPN, Firewall & NSG
- GCP VPC + Peering, Shared VPC, Firewall and Hierarchical Firewalls, VPN
- AWS Transit Gateways, VPC + Peering, RAM, Security Groups, Firewall, SCP
- Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access, Global Protect, Virtual Firewall
- Understanding of Enterprise Network design, including Data Center, Campus, Public Cloud, and Global WAN connectivity
- Understanding of Networking technologies: IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, VPN, L2 switching, and VxLAN.
- understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols.
- Hands-on experience for multiple hardware vendors, including Cisco IOS, NX OS, ASR, Meraki, Broadcom, Mellanox, Palo Alto Networks, and Fortinet.
- Experience with Load Balancers, Citrix NetScaler preferred, AVI Load balancer, NGINX, and HA proxy.
- Knowledge of network layer security, including Firewalls (Palo Alto, Fortinet, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
- Automation Skills. Python, Terraform
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.