Content Marketing Manager
Why join Pave?
At Pave, our vision is simple - Make Compensation Fair.
How are we going to get there? By building the most intelligent compensation platform, powered by the largest real-time compensation dataset on earth.
We partner with our customers to help them build and retain world-class teams through planning, communicating and benchmarking their team’s compensation in real time. And you don’t have to just hear it from us — you can hear it from our customers: Hover, Sweetgreen, Airtable and more.
We’re growing fast, building an incredible team and product, and having plenty of fun as we do it in our San Francisco and New York City offices.
If stretching the rubber band, building with intellectual honesty and focusing on impact sounds exciting - we highly encourage you to reach out. We’d love to partner on our journey to change the world of compensation!
Content Marketing @ Pave:
Confidently setting and managing employee compensation is a big problem to solve and a huge story to tell in the market. We’re hiring our first content marketing manager to create the content strategy and find the right words to do it.
As an early member of the team, you’ll wear many hats and set the foundation for several content programs—from creating and implementing tone and voice guidelines, to crafting and editing longform content, to finding novel and counterintuitive ways to share our insights and research. This role is a combination of executing content initiatives that generate pipeline and drive brand awareness through thought-leadership. You’ll work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales, and Data teams to create content for every stage of the customer journey and will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Build demand gen content assets to generate leads and support prospects throughout the buyer journey
- Develop thought-leadership pieces and campaigns that feature insights from Pave’s compensation dataset
- Tell the story of Pave through our incredible customers with case studies, videos, and quotes
- Develop our first tone and voice guidelines and serve as the go-to expert
- Manage Pave’s social media presence (primarily on LinkedIn)
- Own long-form content channels including—blog, resource pages, SEO articles—and optimizing their performance to hit business goals
- Craft and edit short-form copy for ads, web, email, and social
- Manage content for our successful webinar program
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of content marketing or editorial experience for B2B SaaS
- At least 2+ years of writing about or researching topics related to compensation, finance, economics, or HR
- Knack for translating technical topics (like compensation!) into easy-to-understand concepts
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and strategies that drive organic traffic
- Comfort with data - both in writing about it and using it evaluate the success of your content
- Excellent storytelling abilities - You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience writing for or designing campaigns for business audiences (e.g. specifically for managers, executives, etc)
What you’ll get out of it:
- Opportunity to develop and shape Pave’s brand with thought-leadership
- You’re the first in the role, and our tone, voice, and the written expression of Pave
- Experience in telling amazing stories—compensation data is some of the most interesting data to write about, and we have a lot of it!
- Further an incredibly important vision to make compensation fair
- A lot of learning, and a lot of fun!
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Pave's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Pave will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, commuter benefits, catered lunch, an unlimited PTO policy, and many other region-specific benefits.
Our Compensation Philosophy
Pave’s compensation philosophy is to target the 75th percentile of the market for both cash and equity at your job level. This means that the “mid point” of every band at Pave is the 75th percentile of the broader market.
Pave also has a merit-based philosophy when it comes to compensation increases. We run a performance cycle twice per year to evaluate employees’ performance. Higher than average performance ratings result in compensation increases to the upper end of the individual’s compensation range for their role. The result is that high performers at Pave are paid above the 75th percentile of the market at large.
Pave is committed to pay equity. If you get an offer from Pave, it will be based on your level as determined by your interview performance. And nothing else. We explicitly do not negotiate salary and equity to ensure that we aren’t introducing bias that could lead to pay inequities within the team between candidates who have different negotiation tactics.
How big is Pave today?
We were founded in late 2019, and have grown to 160 employees across San Francisco, New York and the UK.
Where are the Pave offices?
What do employee benefits at Pave look like?
As an employee at Pave, you will have your choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as access to mental health services and other perks to promote your wellbeing. To enhance your personal and professional growth, you will have a monthly L&D stipend. We take our snacking seriously - employees receive catered lunch, dinner and many fun snacks throughout the day.
Who are some of Pave’s customers?
Pave is working with 5,500+ companies today, including some of the best technology logos out there like Credit Karma, RO, Faire, Dropbox, Airtable, Sweetgreen, Checkr, Hubspot, Snackpass, Attentive and more!
What can I expect in interviewing at Pave?
At Pave, we value intellectual honesty and transparency, and we bring this to our interview process. Throughout your time interviewing with us, we will be evaluating where you can best make an impact through multiple conversations with your recruiter, hiring manager, peers and cross-functional partners. We also use our interviews to determine leveling, which is finalized at the end of your interview process by your hiring manager. The majority of our roles have 3-5 interview rounds. You can expect to hear back from our team within 7 days of application, as well as within 2 days after each interview round. Once we extend an offer, we hope to hear back from you within 1 week. It is extremely important to us that we find a great mutual fit - we’re excited to get to know you!
More Questions? Check out our candidate resources page!
Pave is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please email email@example.com.