Customer Experience Lead
Maev is a wellness brand reimagining daily nutrition for dogs. Our first product reinvents dog food -- what it looks like, how it’s made, and who it’s designed for. We’re a team of entrepreneurs, consumer culture fanatics, and food enthusiasts who are obsessed with design and radical innovation in this old industry. We’re a small team, passionate about building a meaningful brand, changing the way we nourish our beloved pets, and supporting others on our close-knit team of good people. But, there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
With over 90 million dogs in the US, strong industry CAGR, an increased focus on nutrition, and traditional kibble losing market share due to lack of brand loyalty and poor quality, Maev is incredibly well-positioned to combine these strong industry tailwinds with a brand anchored in quality, transparency and emotional connection.
As the Customer Experience Team Lead, you will play a critical role in delivering exceptional customer service and fostering positive experiences for our valued customers. You will lead a team of customer service agents, providing guidance, support, and coaching to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Your primary focus will be on providing exceptional care and a positive experience to our customers and our frontline teams. This role is expected to help reduce pain points by demonstrating curiosity, being obsessed with listening to understand, taking ownership and following through and bringing proactive solutions that will help solve the needs of our customers and customer experience agents.
The Customer Experience Lead will report to the Head of Customer Experience, Kevin Nester.
- Provide expert-level customer service by handling complex customer inquiries, complaints, and escalations.
- Proactively reach out to customers based on key lifecycle moments to reduce churn
- Act as a resource and mentor for the customer service team, offering guidance, training, coaching and support to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal stakeholders, collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve customer issues and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Help identify trends, pain points, and opportunities for process improvements both inside and outside of your team.
- You will be the primary point of contact for any social media escalations that require the support of customer experience
- Proactively recommend and implement strategies to enhance the customer experience and improve customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Head of CX to develop and implement customer service policies, procedures, and standards.
- Handle sensitive customer situations with professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to achieving a positive resolution.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of products, services, and policies to effectively address customer inquiries and provide accurate information.
- Escalate complex or high-priority customer issues to the appropriate teams and follow up to ensure timely resolution.
- Continuously stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in customer service to suggest innovative approaches and solutions.
- Drive a culture of surprising and delighting our customers and actively driving a culture of going above and beyond to meet their needs.
- Lead initiatives to proactive gather feedback and insights to improve the function and provide insights to the business
- The lead will assist with team quality checks and audits to ensure the teams are delivering across team values, behaviors and operational metrics
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a customer service representative or in a similar customer-facing role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively convey information and resolve issues.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to think critically and offer creative solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with customers and team members.
- Ability to handle high-stress situations with composure and professionalism.
- Solid knowledge of customer service principles, practices, and techniques.
- Proficiency in customer service software, CRM systems, and other relevant tools.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.