Brazilian Portuguese Content Associate (Contract, Flexible with Remote Work)
Marketing & Communications
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with the Content Team: You will work alongside the Content Team to prepare scripts and review audio files in Brazilian Portuguese. You'll be a key member of the Hallow Brasil team, assisting the Brazil Content Lead on a variety of fronts.
- Audio QA: This is the bread and butter of this role: You will work with the Content Team to become familiar with the tone, pace, and outline of our prayer sessions. After the audio has been edited by Hallow’s audio engineers, you will be the final set of ears before sessions go on the app, catching any audio mistakes or rework any timing to make the sessions prayerful and beautiful. For success in this position, you must have great attention to detail and be willing to prayerfully listen through sessions.
- Writing and Translation: We'll also lean on the person in this position to provide "overage capacity" for us in translation and writing. This could mean reviewing lifecycle marketing materials before an email goes out to our users, translating English language content for users of Hallow Brasil, or brainstorming our next big Community Challenge! A keen eye for detail, an instinct for prayer, and a familiarity with Catholic theology is a major bonus in this position!
What You'll Love
- Mission: this work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll have the unique and humbling opportunity to help people all around the world pray in your language.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago but this work can be accomplished remotely from any country in the world!
- Comp: This a contract (no health/medical/retirement benefits) position with hourly compensation. The compensation is USD $20/hr.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about the mission. Praying with the words as you record them makes the audio that much more powerful for Hallow users.
- Experience: Experience with the Catholic faith is a requirement, and experience with voice recording or voice acting will be a plus, as well as experience leading prayers. You need to be proficient with working with computers.
- Knowledge: You must be a native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese and, ideally, proficient in English.
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. Must be willing to go the extra mile to make the content as great as possible, so as to give people the best experience. We expect this position to require between 5 and 20 hours per week (fluctuating according to demand).
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder