Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. We’re proud to share that Check now powers payroll for platforms that together support over 3 million workers across more than 170,000 small and mid-sized businesses.
Our mission at Check is to make paying people simple and our Implementation team plays a pivotal role in achieving this goal. We're searching for an Enrollment Coordinator to join us, bringing a service-oriented approach and expertise in customer onboarding and implementation. If you excel in cross-functional collaboration and process improvement, you're the right fit.
Payroll can be complicated, so we’re looking for an experienced payroll professional who wants to challenge themselves while working closely with our partners and their customers. This individual should have prior exposure to a fast-moving payroll SaaS environment with a customer service background. Experience with scaling processes and an ability to adapt will be critical as we ramp up our partner base while they ramp up their customer base.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our partners’ teams to deliver a timely, accurate, and reliable partner and customer implementation experience
- Manage deadlines (short-term and long-term) for various time-sensitive implementation tasks, including data migration, balancing, company activation, and data gathering for initial payroll processing
- Manage the conversion and establishment of new customer payroll accounts, re-establish accounts for returning customers, add employees and historical payroll data to all necessary Check systems
- Assist in the prioritization of personal and team daily workflow
- Drive operational efficiency and meet SLAs to ensure seamless company onboarding and payroll implementations
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement for implementation specialist workflows and process documentation for quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver a superior service experience as we and our partners grow
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of customer enrollment, onboarding and/or implementation experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience in a SaaS-based organization, preferably in payroll services
- Take pride in a high attention to detail, organization and task management, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple time-sensitive projects under competing deadlines, while maintaining both quantity and quality of work
- Strong focus on partners and customers, with excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Professional, highly knowledgeable, and friendly with a natural desire to help people
- Comfort in highly cross-functional environments, with a track record of collaborative work with Sales, Risk, Partner Success, and R&D teams
- Familiarity with Zendesk, MasterTax and other cloud based productivity tools are a plus
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and important. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $72,500 and $97,500 dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.