Account Executive, Platform
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
Our mission at Check is to make paying people simple and our Partner sales team lies at the heart of accomplishing that mission for our customers. We are seeking an Enterprise Account Executive to join the Partner Sales team and bring an entrepreneurial mindset, technical sales expertise, and high integrity to the role. Payroll can be complicated, so we’re looking for an experienced seller who wants to challenge themselves at the intersection of several fields. You’ll need to become an expert in the emerging API infrastructure and embedded fintech landscape, but also in the decades-old world of payroll.
This individual will identify the right partners to acquire whose strategies align with Check’s, sign multi-million dollar strategic accounts, and build the foundations of our sales strategy. Some of our key partnerships include executing agreements with the CEO, CFO, CTO, and COO in vertical SaaS, HR software, the gig economy, and enterprise companies.
In this role, you will:
- Sell to strategic accounts within the software space and sign multi-hundred thousand dollar deals up to multi-million dollar deals
- Support all aspects of deal execution, including outbound efforts, sales execution, internal management, and contract execution
- Develop account plans for winning and expanding a book of business
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Work with stakeholders across the Check organization in product, compliance, operations, and more to secure what is needed to close strategic deals
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new accounts
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 7-10 years of work experience, with at least 4+ years of experience selling in technology enterprise sales
- Direct experience closing large strategic accounts that involve 6+ month-long sales cycles and ARR of greater than $200K
- Experience building relationships with C-level executives and managing accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Executive presence, clear and concise communication style
- Experience managing a complex enterprise sales motion
- Hardworking self-starters with a proven track record of closing multi-million dollar deals with partners
- Creative and persistent networker to locate decision-makers, build relationships, and negotiate
- Strong ability to assess product-market fit and prioritize initiatives based on potential business impact
- History of exceeding sales quota
- Experience working with technology infrastructure or fin-tech infrastructure preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to rally organizational support
- High energy level and intellectual curiosity in a fast-paced, start-up environment
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $128,100 and $181,000, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $54,900 to $77,600 in the form of commission bonuses.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.