People Operations Leader
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2021
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds in payments, working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, and building apps that were featured on the Apple app store. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Affirm, and other leading technology companies.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We were named to Forbes annual Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, and have just recently been selected to join the World Economic Forum as a Global Innovator.
Learn more about our mission, culture, and background on our Careers Page.
- Drive forward our people operations processes with a goal of improving employee experience and employee engagement
- Serve as people team lead for performance review process (Lattice) and performance cycle changes; coordinate organization pulse surveys and townhalls/fireside chats, as necessary; assist with employee events and other employee communication needs
- Build and execute processes supporting the employee lifecycle including onboarding, transfers, global expansions, offboarding, immigration, and more
- Maintain data integrity in various HR + payroll systems with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality to ensure compliance with global regulations
- Oversight of electronic employee records and file audits as needed (this includes background checks, new hire paperwork (I-9s), employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, and leaves of absence) (Rippling)
- Assist with open enrollment and benefits evaluation
- Manage people compliance, approve payroll and compensation runs, including staying up to date on local laws and regulations
- Has experience in all areas of people operations, including payroll, benefits, compliance, leave, immigration, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Has 5+ years of experience in HR, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Has 5+ years of multi-state experience administering payroll and employee benefits
- Has 5+ years of experience with HRIS + ATS technologies (Rippling and Lever are preferred)
- Is self directed with excellent communication and team working skills
- Has a hard working, roll up your sleeves mentality, with the ability to research and learn what they don't know
- Values teamwork skills; display honest, trustworthy and collaborative behavior when dealing with employees and vendors
- Love for building and executing HR processes during a time of high growth
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and scale processes
Compensation and Benefits
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canada based employees. At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas for this role
- We are a remote-first company, though there is strong preference for this role to sit in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits, including unlimited time off and 401(K) match.