Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from "large" to "extra-large" vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) AUV operations.
These platforms, including but not limited to, our Extra Large and Large Displacement Un-crewed Undersea Vehicles (Dive-XL and Dive-LD respectively), require a Software Engineer to deliver platform mission systems, including autonomy, data processing, payload integration, and off-board command and control. The Software Engineer demonstrates unparalleled end-to-end outcome ownership, passion for reliable products, and agility in design, delivery, support, and evolution of next generation autonomous vehicles through their entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Join a small team of engineers that owns all software running on maritime assets
- Lead software integration and test for specific customer projects and deployments
- Generate system solutions to increase reliability, ease-of-use, and capability across a variety of customer missions
- Write and maintain software to enable project-specific capabilities — coordinating with the Platform team to roll-in features with cross-project compatibility
- Own major feature developments for the Dive-LD and manage rollout to the fleet
- Travel up to 25%
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics or related field
- Strong C++ experience in a Linux development environment
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- MS or PhD
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Python, Rust, and/or Go experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: 3rd party sensor integration, motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics
- Multi-agent coordination of UxS
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!