Marketing & Communications
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s communications team is responsible for shaping and driving Anduril’s narrative globally. We inform the world about how we’re building the future of defense through our capabilities, software and hardware products. We’re looking for a Communications Manager to join our team. As Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for tactical execution of Anduril’s policy communications, product communications and industry analyst / influencer relations.
The right person for this role is deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and a strong writer. This is an integral role in a fast-paced startup environment and you’ll need to be able to support multiple programs at once, from strategic planning through tactical execution. We’re looking for someone who is creative, able to make the leap from information to insight and who is able to identify, cultivate and executive creative ideas and concepts. You’re succinct - able to keep complex things simple; and a big picture thinker with a detail-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller with high judgement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support strategic and tactical communications programs that proactively advance Anduril’s initiatives.
- Design earned media strategies and pitches to reporters to attract coverage in targeted media outlets where Washington influencers go to stay informed.
- Drive Anduril thought-leadership through the creation of narratives, op-eds and messaging that further our core priorities.
- Drive clear narratives that spotlight our products, technologies and capabilities and build awareness of through product launches, media opps, events and owned content.
- Proactively identify opportunities and moments to add Anduril to public conversations to raise awareness for our brand and products.
- Support Anduril’s analyst relations program, which includes educating industry analysts about Anduril’s unique intersection of technology and defense, facilitating analyst briefings and interviews and preparing analyst briefing tours, presentations, and documents.
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with the business, defense trade, and tech media; influencers; and analysts.
- Manage Anduril’s speaking and awards program, tracking opportunities, updating calendars, pitching speakers and working closely with senior leadership to prep them for speaking engagements, tracking follow up.
- Execute communications related events including salon dinners, media happy hours and test events.
- Help manage the day-to-day relationship with external communications partners.
- Accomplished communications professional with at least 4-5 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations, public relations agency or related field(s). Background in product or policy communications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical jargon into compelling easy to understand messaging, and compelling stories for a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing analyst relations and influencer programs.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills. Proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details of day-to-day program execution.
- Willing to flex between higher level strategy and detailed executional work.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!