Test and Evaluation Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
The Test and Evaluation team at Anduril works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, counter UAS, VTOL aircraft and our other platforms. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new production acceptance testing, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test, we support it. This position is looking for a highly motivated test engineer with emphasis in software/hardware interface and diagnostics.
If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create test plans, conduct test execution, and test reporting
- Collect and perform initial test data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with Engineering to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Support execution of testing at private and government owned test ranges
- System level T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, test execution, initial issue investigation (software & hardware), and process improvement/development.
- Act as primary test engineer
- Test duties include system level T&E of hardware and software.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel as required to execute position responsibilities
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of related professional experience. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Prior experience with software code or script building
- Prior experience supporting ground and flight test activities at private and government owned test ranges
- Prior experience working as a primary test engineer, implementing Test & Evaluation processes and procedures.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Bias for action – if you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!