Quality System Engineer - Contract
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking a Quality System Engineer to join our Imaging Team in Lexington to support our existing QMS infrastructure for maintaining our AS9100 certification. This person will be tasked with leading our Pre-Audit preparation.
What You Will Do
- Support improving the Quality Management System infrastructure for maintaining the AS9100 certification.
- Lead Pre-Audit preparation
- Gap analysis and prioritization of actions which drive necessary corrective actions
- Establish sustainable QMS plan and schedule of implementation
- Drive preparation of infrastructure, documentation and process (Process, Plans, Procedures, Work Instructions, etc.)
- Drive root cause corrective action for internal audit findings to closure and ensure corrections are effective.
- Verify effectiveness of corrective actions from previous audit findings.
- Coordinate AS9100 audit activities with other departments as needed
- Post-Audit Support
- Driving corrective actions to closure in a timely manner in response to audit conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Lead AS9100 Auditor (or Lead Auditor for other ISO 9001-based QMS standards).
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical design and relevant manufacturing processes.
- A strong ownership mindset with demonstrated capability as a project manager to drive projects from start to finish
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!