PLM Technical Solutions Architect
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Business Systems team is responsible for building and improving the many systems that enables Anduril to accomplish its mission. Anduril’s supply chain, accounting, sales & growth, engineering, modeling & simulation, field maintenance, manufacturing, and many more teams rely on the technology built and maintained by our team. We work across the company to ensure we have the tools and capabilities necessary for mission success.
We are seeking a highly skilled PLM Technical Solutions Architect to join our team. You will be responsible for one of our most business-critical systems, with large sections of the company relying on you to support them. You will work across a broad set of stakeholders to design, develop, and implement improvements and optimizations to our PLM while helping steer future investments in our engineering systems.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions in Anduril’s TeamCenter PLM that meets the business requirements of the organization
- Collaborate with engineering partners to understand their requirements and translate them into functional and technical solutions
- Lead the development and implementation of new features, including defining project scope, requirements, timelines, and budgets
- Work with vendors and third-party service providers to implement upgrades and new modules
- Provide training and support to users during and post-implementation to ensure adoption of new technology
- Collaborate with developers to identify and address issues, bugs, and enhancement requests
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Anduril, keeping abreast of industry best practices and providing guidance and expertise to many internal teams on how to maximize their effectiveness when using our PLM.
- Anduril is an extremely fast-paced defense manufacturing and technology startup that is rapidly scaling itself. Our culture is one of ambition, hard work, relentless pursuit of excellence, and deliberate disruption. The successful candidate will be one who demonstrates the follow core characteristics:
- Bias for Action - they ask for forgiveness, not permission, and hate the idea of waiting around to be told what to do
- Dive Deep - they sweat the details and roll up their sleeves to uncover the root causes for systemic issues
- Ownership - they care deeply not just about their systems, but for all the business outcomes that their systems supports as well, holding themselves accountable for everything it both does and fails to do
- Agility - they change directions easily and without regret, quickly adapting to shifting business priorities
- First Principles Thinking - they approach problems and develop solutions not based on what a vendor recommends or because it’s how they did things at their last job, but from a deep appreciation of what is best for the enterprise
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in designing, installing, developing, implementing, and maintaining Teamcenter (including experience with version 13.0+)
- Proven track record of leading complex PLM-related projects from conception to completion
- Experience in customization and configuration of PLM solutions including: Workflows, data modeling, report generation, dashboard creation, UI customizations, debugging, and various administrative tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate engineer requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE systems and their integration with PLM solutions
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!